1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 09:04 AM

Model: GL1200I
Post imported post

Well.....sometimes ya gotta grow up a little if even just to satisfy the main squeeze!! I woulda been devorced long before this iffin I hadn't growed up a little, anyway. My wife just thinks the only change in me has been the size & price of my toys. After 39 years of marriage to da same woman, I have learned what I can get away with and what'll put me in the doghouse.

Sounds like a great thread! lookin fowerd to reading it. I hope it comes w/lots of pictures.

Rock on, Dude!!

Mark, AKA the gingerbreadman

If ya can\'t stay up on 2 wheels, better to make \'em three than to keep talkin ta EMT people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Post imported post

...an appropriate name for a project meant to enticeand encourage others, that they too cando the same.

post #13 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 09:19 AM

Post imported post

This is going to be some good information. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your $50.00 Goldwing. I keep looking for a cheap motorcycle for a project, just for the experience and would like to see the total for a chep build. It sounds like fun.

Dave
Ride Safe and Ride Often, Keep the Shiny Side up and Many Happy Miles and Smiles.

In God We Trust; All Others Must pay Cash!!!

Current Goldwing 2010 Gl1800 Trike Caliente Red
1997 GL1500 SE Pearl Sonoma Green

Other Rides

2012 Harley Davidson Heritage Softail
2007 Honda 110cc

Past Rides

2 1985 Goldwing Aspencades, 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster 1200, 2006 Goldwing Navi, 2007 Honda Rebel, 1994 1500cc Goldwing Interstate

post #14 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 09:43 AM

Model: 1985 GL1200 Limted Edition
Post imported post

I too am looking forward to viewing your progress,
I don't know if you remember my post or not but I am the poor soul that bought a 1985 aspy for $350.00 it had been sitting out in the weather for three years. the previous owner had pulled all the plastic and kept it in the garage had most of it repainted bought new leather all the way around. So after I figured out where everything went it looked brand new. Now all I have to do is get her running. I have no interest in a Gold Wing yard ornament. So take lots of pictures and explain everything in as much detail as possible and I can only hope the project will be based around a 1200. I need all the help I can get. My wife thought I was buying a running motorcycle for $350.00 go figure.

Don\'t pick a fight with an old man, If he\'s too old to fight he\'ll just kill you!

"The danger to America is not Barack Obama but a citizenry capable of entrusting a man like him with the Presidency. It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of an Obama presidency than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their president.
post #15 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 12:35 PM

Year: 1999
Make: Honda
Model: GL1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

you will need some lots of pics!!!!!!!! ! looking forward to be part of this
post #16 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 01:06 PM

Post imported post

anticipation is making wait. eyes will be glued to screen
post #17 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 03:21 PM

Post imported post

I'm hooked. Can't wait for the first chapter.
post #18 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 05:03 PM

Post imported post

SuperSkypilot... Outstanding !
The oldschool way of building something cool out of leftovers is a skill that has sadly gone away.
With the economy the way it is , you should have many followers with this thread. I know i will be there.
B-Girl , i think i Love You.

The Crazy 88
post #19 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 05:57 PM

Model: 1100
Garage
Post imported post

MajicMrEd wrote:
Quote:
I too am looking forward to viewing your progress,
I don't know if you remember my post or not but I am the poor soul that bought a 1985 aspy for $350.00 it had been sitting out in the weather for three years. the previous owner had pulled all the plastic and kept it in the garage had most of it repainted bought new leather all the way around. So after I figured out where everything went it looked brand new. Now all I have to do is get her running. I have no interest in a Gold Wing yard ornament. So take lots of pictures and explain everything in as much detail as possible and I can only hope the project will be based around a 1200. I need all the help I can get. My wife thought I was buying a running motorcycle for $350.00 go figure.
Would be nice to see pic's of your project ride In it's own thread. What does it look like it need's??

They are all perfect
Last samuri
post #20 of 604 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 06:05 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

Kool!
I am also building an 1100 out of parts I have mostly. Other than a few soft parts and fluids it will be totally out of used parts from other bikes. I figure to have less than $100 bucks in it when it's road ready. Won't be pretty though, I am not painting anything or even cleaning anything much.

Darksider #304 the force is strong in this one.
NRA endowment life member
Bright lights, protective gear and paying attention saves lives. Loud pipes just annoy the people behind you.
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow
[SIGPIC]

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page