LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 03:36 PM Thread Starter

Do I Really Have To Change My Oil Every Year?

Quote:
Dear MOby,

I just saw your answer regards oil change. My manual says that I need to change oil every 3000 miles. But I only ride about 1000 miles per year (very short commute). By the book, I need to perform oil change every three years. Do I really need to change oil every year? Is it okay to change oil every three years, just because I donít ride that much?

Thank you
Jay

PS: Just to make myself comfortable, I do oil change once a year.
Read more about Do I Really Have To Change My Oil Every Year? at Motorcycle.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:17 PM
mod-erator

Model: 2010 GL1800
Garage
Why does one even own a motorcycle if they only ride 1,000 miles a year?

Darksider #304 the force is strong in this one.
NRA endowment life member
Bright lights, protective gear and paying attention saves lives. Loud pipes just annoy the people behind you.
Wild Rhino Arkansas chapter
2010 1800 pearl yellow
[SIGPIC]
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-01-2017, 05:39 PM

Year: 2013
Make: Honda
Model: Level 2
Mine is every 5k miles but then that's 4 times a year. My cars are on the same schedule ireguardless of time

Flogler

2013 1800 Goldwing currently heading to 65k miles back on the road after a month of troubleshooting nav unit-brain was replaced under warranty
1996 1500 Aspencade 225000 miles (Sold for 2000$)
Back from Sturgis trip 5300 miles and 9 days later.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-02-2017, 12:58 AM
seafoam guru

Year: 94
Model: 1500 SE
Dear jay, with that short commute you need to change the oil TWICE a year,
or once a month take the bike on a one hour ride to dry out the moisture laden oil and other fluids.

Short trips are the bane of internal combustion engines

While you are at it FLUSH the brake fluid and clutch lever system (if applicable) every year, every 2 years max!

Certified Slacker is suffering under the delusion of being an expert... We need more Voltage! IGOR- throw the 3rd switch!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Not the 3rd switch Master!!

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > GoldWingFacts.com and Motorcycle.com News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page