LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2005, 09:35 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post imported post

I have an 84 Interstate and a Velorex sidecar. I'd like to "marry the two"; or at least them get into a conjugal situation. What I need to know is this:
1. Are there strut extenders of some kind that you can pivot on the end of the struts through the ferring so that they can bolt on to the frame. I am thinking about the diagonal part of the frame that extends from the plug area up to the water bottle under the ferring.
2. Is that portion of the ferring detachable to allow easier access to the frame for the diagonal struts I have now?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg struts2.jpg (63.4 KB, 70 views)
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2005, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Post imported post

Hi, try this:

http://www.sidecar.com/megabbs/threa...d=1477&posts=1

It might be useable for what you want to do.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

Post imported post

had an eml on my '86 and the mounting went through the rt fairing lower and had to make a hole. now I have a motorvation on the bike and the front strut attaches to the frame under the fake tank cover just behind the fairing. I do have a 1200 lower with a hole if you need one.

rodger
rcmatt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM   #4 (permalink)

Post imported post

rcmatt007:

Where did you get the extensions to go from the strut out through the hole so that you could attach the struts to the sidecar?

Dean
Old 03-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #5 (permalink)

Post imported post

Just a follow up...I meant the extensions from the frame out through the holes so they could be lined up with the struts for the sidecar?
Old 03-28-2005, 05:19 PM   #6 (permalink)

Post imported post

sorry for not getting back sooner. the motorvation had the frame mounts with the set-up so it was simply a matter of attaching in the right place. Every sidecar is different in the attachment device to the frame and you basically have to go with what that sidecar has UNLESS you know someone with lots of sidecar experience who can fabricate what you need. Have you tried the website of the united sidecar association? not sure the www. but a search engine can find it for you

rcmatt007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum