LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post imported post

I just bought a 76 gl1000 GoldWing with a Vetter WindJammer III. It came with extra seat, front forks, front tire/rim, and tank/side panels. Upon taking it home after buying it I switch out the seat (to see if there is more comfort in the other one) and when doing so the wire crimps came loose for the tail light and turn signals. I tried to match up what would make sense to me and I can only get bright tail light and no change for brake light. Also the right turn signal light is the only one that I can get to work as the left turn signal light is either bright or dead.

So to keep it sweet and short I am in need of a wire diagram for 76 gl1000 specifically the tail/turn signals and the headlight/turn signal area. The only ones that I can find on the internet are grainy and can not read the wire colors and componants. Any idea where I can find a clean diagram on the internet? Or if any one has one available in PDF format that would be greatly appreciated.

Hoping to get it up and running again before the weekend of the 28th of April due to my MC is going on the first run of the year. I got to show off my vintage GoldWing

If you need any more information for diagnostics or something just let me know.

Thanks
http://soulzoneriders.com

When I got my computer it said "For MS Windows 98 or better", so I installed LINUX.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2006, 03:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Post imported post

I will get you one tomorow sometime if you have not found one by then. I will have to scan it in and my scanner is not hooked up right now.
I do recommend getting either the Clymer or Honda service manual if you have not already ordered one.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

Post imported post

Hey Geek Welcome to the forums.
Old 04-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #4 (permalink)

Post imported post

I also have it on two different books. If you don't get it from the latter - sorry, didn't see the name--I'll send it to you. I suspect the problem is in the weird way the grounds are configured in the vetter side saddles. Check each light in the back of the saddles. There is a ground return that comes off that light and comes back up to to a brad on the mounting side of the sidesaddle. The ground would be made by makeing contact with the medal mounting piece on the inside. Over the years, these wires will become loose and create all kinds of trouble.

Ralph
77Winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Goldwing Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

Howdy Geek and 77Winger You Are Both Very Welcome To The Worlds Greatest Goldwing Forum.

Old 04-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #6 (permalink)

Post imported post

I most certainly appreciate the kind welcome and hopeI can be of help to this forum. God knows I should have enough experience with a GL-1000.
Old 04-23-2006, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
GERIATRIC MEMBER

Goldwing Model: Neighbours 1800
Post imported post

77Winger wrote:
Quote:
I most certainly appreciate the kind welcome and hope I can be of help to this forum.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Post imported post

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.

Well I got er done. What was messing me up was the turn signals on the saddlebags. The lights have 3 wires and the diagram only had 2 wires. I matched it up so that the signals only use 2 wires and followed the rest to specs from the diagram and it all works again.

Of course trying to work on the wiring near dusk and my wife will not allow me to bring the bike inside so that I can have more light. I just had to sit back look over the diagram and the wiring on the bike and figured it out. With the direction of the gounding as well (thanks 77Winger).

I know that I will be back to get/give help on GoldWings as I learn (since most experience is with yamaha). Now to work on the oil leak that I have at the tach housing and adjust the clutch for better shifting and fix the slippage.

Where is the cheapest/best place to get a Clymer or Honda service manual?

Thanks again
http://soulzoneriders.com

When I got my computer it said "For MS Windows 98 or better", so I installed LINUX.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Post imported post

Every now and then you can catch a clymer manual on E-Bay. But if you use it to rebuild carburators, please read over advice on Radack's page before you do. There is some backwards info in the Clymer manual concerning the jets. Glad it is going. By the way, that dang oil leak may be coming from a failed gasket where the fuel pump housing meets up to the head. That is where mine was.

Ralph
Old 04-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to Detritus Send a message via Yahoo to Detritus
Post imported post

I can't take credit for these, Octane made them up. So thank him.
I beleave he's active here, and defiently over at the NGW forums.

http://www.crapateria.com/photos/bike/wiring/elec.1.jpg
http://www.crapateria.com/photos/bike/wiring/elec.2.jpg

Be gentle on the web server, I pay for it out of my pocket.

-- Is it supposed to do that?
Detritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum