Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

exhaust pipes

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  cyclepath 
#1 ·
imported post

I have noticed on a number of pics of the 1200's that the pipes come right out to the back of the boxes. Mine fall short by about 8". Is this normal or is it possible that I have aftermarket pipes?

#2 ·
imported post

Could be either aftermarket pipes like Jardines or merely tail pipe extensions. I've seen one 'Wing with a tail pipe tipend from an auto parts store.

#4 ·
imported post

Thanks Teacher. I guess I'll have to go that route for $$ sake. The pics that I have seen show no extentions just one piece all way back from manifold.

#6 ·
imported post

I have estensions fitted to the Motad exhaust on my 1200, takes the fumes and soot away from the saddlebags as I got fed up with having to clean the crud from under them.

#8 ·
imported post

You might be able to make out the Motad extensions in this Photo taken in the Scottish Highlands near Cape Wrath a few months ago

Attachments

#9 ·
imported post

The same Motads without extensions about 2-3 years ago after a long hard ride in the rain

Attachments

#11 ·
imported post

Thanks all, I guess I'll check out my local parts store or Exhaust shops. Again Thanks bunches.

Angela

#13 ·
imported post

Hey Cyclepath, what am I doing? I'm working and I have the advantage of using our puter there. I have worked t. Graveyard shift for 6yrs. now. That said I was surprised to see so many guys on at 4:00am and later.

#14 ·
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Hey Cyclepath, what am I doing? I'm working and I have the advantage of using our puter there. I have worked t. Graveyard shift for 6yrs. now. That said I was surprised to see so many guys on at 4:00am and later.
aha....... that explains it. i should have guessed:doh: how much work you get done playing around on that computer:cooler: if i played around on the computer while i was working things might get interesting. i drive a semi for a living:crying:
but then i see people everyday reading, writing and playing with there gps while driving.

cyclepath

#15 ·
imported post

Cyclepath, if you saw what I did for a living, you wouldn't have to ask that last question. I gaurd Immagrtion detaineesn and of course they are all asleep at this time of night. I know what you mean about driving as I too used to do that up and down the coast, but I got fed up with the Ashland pass in winter and then the truck died and the owner said he'dquit driving and go into dispatch so I was gladly out of a job. Now I just sit on my butt and watch tv or fiddle around here.

#16 ·
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
I have noticed on a number of pics of the 1200's that the pipes come right out to the back of the boxes. Mine fall short by about 8". Is this normal or is it possible that I have aftermarket pipes?
This is what you are looking for:

Ebay # 110065513061

They don't make them any more.

but the come up on ebay every so often.

#17 ·
imported post

fysty-1 wrote:
Cyclepath, if you saw what I did for a living, you wouldn't have to ask that last question. I gaurd Immagrtion detaineesn and of course they are all asleep at this time of night. I know what you mean about driving as I too used to do that up and down the coast, but I got fed up with the Ashland pass in winter and then the truck died and the owner said he'dquit driving and go into dispatch so I was gladly out of a job. Now I just sit on my butt and watch tv or fiddle around here.
hey fysty-1 , i know what ya mean about the mountain passes in the winter. i am part time now as of last summer and i only drive local. i work for an enviromentally concerned trucking company and run mostly tankers with loads of unmentionable stuff. :p:p most of which gets recycled for fertilizer so i'm sure ya know what i mean.:cheeky1: we do a lot of other stuff as well. for the next two weeks i'll be hauling whey.. you know , like little miss muffett was drinking;) it goes to a farm and the cows drink it. when they see the truck coming it's a stampede for the feed trauff:shock:
some flat bed stuff and refers hauling gallon milk jugs for fred meyer. this is our slow season so i get a few days off now and then. mostly i work a regular schedule even though i am part time with the option of taking time off any time i want to. works out pretty and i have a good dispatcher that understands time off as he used to be a driver. see ya in august.

cyclepath

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.