LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 11:13 AM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to extrawrinkle
Post imported post

Hey guys, After Ike did it's thing down here,our only source of transportation is the wing. The Petcock Assy has a weep hole under the bottom of the casing and fuel is beginning to run out of it..How much does this play in maintaining a steady idle? and might this be the culprit that I've been looking for as far as my hesitation issues..

I have already ordered a new one, just waiting for it..

Thanks for your input

Mike
extrawrinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2008, 02:28 PM   #2 (permalink)

Post imported post

If it's just a weep I doubt it will upset the idle very much but you are running the risk of going out with a bang!

Hopefully you've not ordered an entire assembly. Venco Wings (and probably others) do a service kit for just a few dollars.
Old 09-28-2008, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

Post imported post

Yes I've already ordered the whole assy..It was "wheeping" quite alot. But now I have Venco in my contacts.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Post imported post

extrawrinkle wrote:
Quote:
Yes I've already ordered the whole assy..It was "wheeping" quite alot. But now I have Venco in my contacts.
Whoops! Mine was pumping out fuel almost as fast as the pump couls supply it. I nearly made the same mistake before this forum put me right. The price difference for me was something like £140 + tax (Say around $300) vs $19.95 + postage (I got away with the tax).

Best not show this to your other half
Old 09-29-2008, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)

Post imported post

Generally a weeping petcock will not affect idle as the petcock has a double diaphragm, one sees vacuum and the other fuel with the weep in between.

It is very possible that the diaphragm is compromised in such a manner as to draw fuel into the vacuum line supplying vacuum to the valve. In this case, you'll see diminished idle and low speed performance and in severe cases, high fuel consumption and high speed problems.

When you install your new petcock, take the old one apart and investigate the problem, rebuild it when you have time for a spare.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 PM   #6 (permalink)

Post imported post

Thanks for all your help

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum