LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to denziel56
Post imported post

This started while on a trip to Austin TX, Had low tire and of course went for the air hose but after a few minutes realizedno pressure. motor runs like new , is there anelectric valve that directs air to shock or outlethose? i have to adjust my shock by back feeding thru outlet hose in side bag so i know the shock is still holding. if any one know anything about this problem please share with me ,controls on air control panel still function. can hear relays clicking when used, but no air only hear pump motor running.the deflate valve also works, but not increase pressure ,the pressure indcator works also.

thanks denziel56

Ride hard, but safe enjoy the freedom you have under you ass!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 02:42 PM

Model: 88 GL 1500
Post imported post

Try and disconnect the added hose in the saddle bag. Mine does not have a check valve and the tip depresses the shradder valve. If the added hose is remained attached, the system will not build up pressure to the shocks.

Texas _Foosman
1988 GL1500
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 03:33 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

thanks, but have already had that problem and fixed by accident when i found it a few years back. its like the valve in the pump is open on compression stroke,but holds system pressure @ shock and pressure gauge stills showes 45 psi in shock ? just will not direct pressure to outlet or shock.need diagram on the air pressure system with all valves and hose configurations shown. can you help with this ?

denziel56

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 06:36 PM

Post imported post

I had a similar issue with my 1100. The problem for me was a bad "O" ring in the valve body for increase decrease/ front, rear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-23-2009, 07:31 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

thanks ,that sounds more to nature of my problems. any where i can find schematics on the air system for my bike.they say there are shop manuals on this site but i have not explored enought to locate such valuable information.any truth to this? denziel56

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page