Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Triple Tree

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  SpiderBob 
#1 ·
imported post

the wires going to and under the rubber boot at the top of the Triple Tree stem bolt, what are they and what do they do? And how do I get them off?

#2 ·
imported post

On the 1200, they are for the angle sensor, inside the stem tube. That gets my vote.

When all else fails - There IS the manual . . . . :)

#4 ·
imported post

To get them off, pull the rubber cap back along the wire until you get about 2 or 3 inches back.

Then remove the plate at the bottom of the triple tree that holds the cancelling switch inside the tube. Pull the sensor down enough to expose the connector and disconnect.

You don't need to remove it to set the bearing load tension.

#5 ·
imported post

I have to replace the triple tree as well as other items. Manual, such a novice idea. Found it, but it does not say how to remove it. It is says "5. On models with reverse, lift the steering stem grommet (Figure A, this shows a picture of the boot covering the top of the steering stem nut) off of the steering nut and slide it down the wiring harness" It then goes on to tell you to remove the screws securing the turn signal cancel control unit which is below the triple tree. So as you can tell it was quite (to me) unclear. I'll just remove it and go from there.

#6 ·
imported post

That is one beautiful wing you got there SpiderBob. hope you get it fixed soon.

#7 ·
imported post

So here is the story, peel the boot back far enough to give you at least 4" or more. Unscrew the two Phillips head screws on the bottom of the signal cancelling device and pull it down far enough to access the connector that is hidden in the stem. :cooler:

Thanks Sethan12

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.