LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to flyingcopters Send a message via MSN to flyingcopters Send a message via Yahoo to flyingcopters
Post imported post

Hello fellow members. I am new to this site, and a new Gold Wing ower. A Harley crossover. My back sure feels better with my smooth ride!

Question: Do you have to remove the front forks to change the oil and the springs? The service manual says that they have to be removed and that a special tool has to be used, called a Fork Bolt Assembly tool, serial number 07KMF - MT2 - 0300, which is also to remove the caps.

Is it cheaper to buy the tool and do it myself or take it to the Honda Dealer and have him do it?

My new bike is a 1993 Interstate. It looks like a lot of work to change the oil and the springs, according to the manual.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Brian
Advertisement

Old 09-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Guru

Post imported post

Hi brian no you dont have to remove the forks all you do is remove the two hex bolts in the top of the forks be carfull the cap might hit you when the spring jumps up make sure the bike is on the center stand, for the oil there is a drain plug in the end of each fork just remove the roter covers if fitted to get access its important to fill with the right amount of oil not to much and the right leg takes a little more than the left i cant remember the quantaties but you have it in the manual

I have had dreams and i have had nightmares i now dont have nightmares because of my dreams
agnogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Nobody

Post imported post

You just asked this question here:
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/79472.html

www.greentractortalk.com
kennyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to flyingcopters Send a message via MSN to flyingcopters Send a message via Yahoo to flyingcopters
Post imported post

What do I use to remove the two hex bolts?
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum