LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I am a new Goldwing GL1800 owner and want to install my zumo 660. I don't care about running thru the stereo system as I use a wireless headset. Just want to know where to connect the power (switched). Can someone guide me here? Thanks.

Bud in Magnolia, Texas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 06:39 PM

Post imported post

Under the left front storage pocket is a black rubber boot, It has two pin connectors in it, one is red, one is white. The red one is the switched power. The white one is the audio in.

Or if you like and depending on where you mount the Zumo you can run wire from the ACC terminal at the fuse block to anywhere.

Does not make much difference with the Zumos though, as when you turn the power off they switch to battery power automatically and you have to turn them off anyway.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 06:42 PM

Post imported post

Welcome Bud. You can connect back to the ACC terminal at the fuse block, or easier to do is splice into the ACC wire under the fairing left pocket.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Really appreciate the info! Is there a manual or other resource that will guide me in romoving panels, etc to access the fuse panel? Don't know where it is. Thanks again.

Bud
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 PM

Post imported post

You could go on this site to the front page of the forum . To the bikers workshop. Find the article on changing the air filter. That will show you how to remove the left pocket box. If you are mounting the zumo on the left bar it will be best to access the power there, install a power plug into the left box and then plug the zumo in there. The power plug comes with the pin adapter that plugs right in.

If going to mount on the right bar, best to pull the seat, etc and run to the fuse box, you can even temp pull the wires under the shelter without removal.

If you go that route you will need to purchase a manual. They are like 75 dollars at various places....wingstuff is one.

Kit

The 1800 is my bike. The very best motorcycle ever made. I was enthralled with my first test ride on this machine. It is a great bike. A crotch rocket with storage bags.............As for oil I use the slick kind, and I like round tires, but as of late I have found square ones work best on the rear. Pirelli Eufori 195/55/16 @ 32 PSI
Kit
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

thanks
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 03:37 PM

Post imported post

I installed a center mount and touratech lock for my Zumo 665. The bracket it mounted to was purchased from "Wingman" in Portland Oregon. It is an angle bracket with holes that match the zumo cradle. You remove the plastic ignition key cover and remove the 2 screws, place this bracket in, screw it down, replace plastic and your done.

Looks clean sitting midline.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg zumo 665.jpg (9.0 KB, 171 views)
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

I mounted my GPS bracket on the sun shield over the gauges. The GPS stands just above the shield in the center. It doesn't interfere with vision through the windshield at all. I mounted the GPS on my 1500 in about the same place as 1peter did on his 1800. I prefer to have the GPS mounted on the centerline of the bike because this reduces the tendency to allow the bike to drift to the side when one looks at an offset GPS.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 09:39 PM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

ditto mounting it center line with the bike.

~ John

Click here for an INDEX TO OUR FORUM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

where is Wes?

Wilcoy02 can be found here.
Alaska bound

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ATGATT all the way !!!
I'm still here, because of ATGATT...

10 January 2008

Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP 195-55-16
Mick-O-Pegs

shssssh! Here is my spot page:

here is my last trip:

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2012, 11:24 PM

Post imported post

1peter wrote:
Quote:
I installed a center mount and touratech lock for my Zumo 665. The bracket it mounted to was purchased from "Wingman" in Portland Oregon. It is an angle bracket with holes that match the zumo cradle. You remove the plastic ignition key cover and remove the 2 screws, place this bracket in, screw it down, replace plastic and your done.

Looks clean sitting midline.

I know this is an old post, but can someone shed some light on the "angle bracket" ? I want to mount a Zumo 665 midline on my GL1800 and this bracket sounds like it would do the trick. Anyone know who makes it or where I can get one?

Thanks!

Dan

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page