Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1800 trike tire front

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Dom C 
#1 ·
imported post

Hi I have a 2009 goldwing roadmaster trike. It had a dunlop series tire on the front.

I was really unhappy with the results both in mileage and performance.

The trike pulled to the left. 8000 miles and there were bare spots on the center bar.

Put a Michelin piloy activ rear tire on the front.Instant no more pulling. I have 2000 on it now and cant see any wear yet. Handles great in both yet and dry roads.

I would suggest this tire to anyone either a trike or still 2wheels. Just so mush better then standard.

#4 ·
imported post

Being new to Goldwings (just got my 05 GL 1800 this last April) and not very knowledgeable about a lot of the mechanical stuff, I am going to show my ignorance here and ask a couple (okay--3) questions. Will the rear tire fit on the front rim without any problems if it's not triked but remains a 2-wheeler? Also, I recall reading somewhere that you need to mount it backwards as to spin direction from the rear wheel? And will it work with a front fender extension?

#5 ·
imported post

Dom C wrote:
Being new to Goldwings (just got my 05 GL 1800 this last April) and not very knowledgeable about a lot of the mechanical stuff, I am going to show my ignorance here and ask a couple (okay--3) questions. Will the rear tire fit on the front rim without any problems if it's not triked but remains a 2-wheeler? Also, I recall reading somewhere that you need to mount it backwards as to spin direction from the rear wheel? And will it work with a front fender extension?
You use a rear tire but not the rear tire from an 1800. It is a rear tire for some other bike in a 130/70 18, same size as the 1800 front tire. I have used the Michelin pilot activ on the front of my 1800 2 wheeler for about 50,000 miles now. Have ran the both forward and backward and can not tell any difference. It's not for everyone as it does cup pretty bad and sings a tune but it handles better than anything else I have tried and believe me I do push the limits of what the bike can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.