Not open for further replies.

working on my 1986 gl 1200 sei nee a final drive and flange

1K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  rfoley 
#1 ·
imported post

:bow:anyone have these parts complete:waving:

#3 ·
imported post

I have a complete final drive for an '84. Odometer "says" 49k. I bought it to use as an organ donor and do not know a lot about which will interchange from year to year. I do not have pics of it as of this time of night but can tomorrow. I will leave it up to you to check part numbers and confirm if you think it will fit. Tomorrow I will check on shipping costs and then we can discuss price if you think it will work.
John

#7 ·
imported post

rfoley I have seen in other posts that a final drive from a 1500 will fit on your 1200,only difference is the 4 bolt holes will need to be drilled out a little more as the bolts on the 1500 are a little bigger. You will also need the 1500 spacer as it is longer. You should be able to find a good 1500 final drive from a trike conversion pretty cheap. Good Luck and I am right across the river from you (New Albany In) Hal

#8 ·
imported post

BUDDTWO wrote:
rfoley I have seen in other posts that a final drive from a 1500 will fit on your 1200,only difference is the 4 bolt holes will need to be drilled out a little more as the bolts on the 1500 are a little bigger. You will also need the 1500 spacer as it is longer. You should be able to find a good 1500 final drive from a trike conversion pretty cheap. Good Luck and I am right across the river from you (New Albany In) Hal
You'll also have to do a little grinding/millingin the caliper bracket area for rear shock mounting. Damn I wish that link to the projuect was still working... :gunhead:

#9 ·
imported post

Have seen many on E Bay, got mine from from a m/c salvage yard many years ago. Don't see the need to try to make a 1500 drive work, don't forget the Moly Paste to lube it.

Good Luck Jim

#13 ·
imported post

I have not. I have been working the last 2 nights. I can tell you that what I have is from a 1984 1200. From the other posts in this thread it would appear that it will not work but I do not know. Can any of you other folks positively say that it will or will not fit a 1986? I will go out and get some pics of it and come back and post them in just a few minutes.

#14 ·
imported post

Fuller1956 wrote:
I have not. I have been working the last 2 nights. I can tell you that what I have is from a 1984 1200. From the other posts in this thread it would appear that it will not work but I do not know. Can any of you other folks positively say that it will or will not fit a 1986? I will go out and get some pics of it and come back and post them in just a few minutes.
The final drive is the same for all years, it's the driven flange and wheel that changed in 86-87.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.