Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

key fob from an A4 can it be reprogrammed to work on an A6

937 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bigredarmchair 
#1 ·
imported post

hi , i have just bought a A6 and have a keyfob from my earlier A4 , on the new fob there is a red call button but other than that it looks the same . as i have only one keyfob fot the A6 can the old one be reprogrammed to work on the new bike without knackering up the new key fob from working . acccording to honda it can't , you have to buy a new one and have it rprogrammed , but i am thinking if it can be programmed it can be repreogrammed . does anyone know how its done , without making the new fob useless , or do i need to reprogramme both together .

i have had goldwings for about 15 years , love them to bits , don't do alot of miles but get alot of smiles and have a yearly holiday on it and it's really good to get off with out num bum syndrome . thanks -ant help or advise much apprciated --chris

#3 ·
imported post

I know that here in the States, you must take any car, truck, motorcycle to the key shop before they will even consider reprogramming a key or making a new key.....There it might be different, but I feel that the keys shops there might also be of the same mind....Bring in a programable key wanting a duplicate or reprogramming an old key, they figure you mightr be wanting to steal or repossess someones car etc....So just ride your Wing there and see.....:?

#4 ·
imported post

hi alan ,

thanks for your reply -i have read about the switch on and off sequence to programme a key so if i do that to the old fob to reprogramme it , am i right in assuming the new one will still be fine and not need to be reprogrammed---and as it works now i just need to reprogramme the old one and then both should work . what i dont want to do is go through the on / off sequence and cancel the new key , so just trying to get the facts before i try it .

thanks again

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.