LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 01:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Post imported post

hey all just found this site ... need all the info i can about these 1986 SEI bikes ... hahahahaha bought it at a good price ... now i see why ....

is there a way to reset the computer or does it do it when unplugged ???

is there any injector parts available ??

this thing is running bad ... spitting, almost like a backfire ... bad millage ...

thanks all steve
nevets111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #2 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1985 Limited Edition GL1200
Post imported post

nevets111 wrote:
Quote:
hey all just found this site ... need all the info i can about these 1986 SEI bikes ... hahahahaha bought it at a good price ... now i see why ....

is there a way to reset the computer or does it do it when unplugged ???
Quote:
You should be able to reset everything by disconnecting the negative battery terminal, waiting a few minutes, and reconnecting it. Which computer are we talking about? The Travel Computer or the CFI computer??
Quote:
is there any injector parts available ??
Quote:
Part's such as the Throttle Position Sensor are no longer available from Mother Honda or aftermarket. However, there are alternative sources like Ebay...
Quote:

this thing is running bad ... spitting, almost like a backfire ... bad millage ...

thanks all steve
Quote:
A bit more info is needed here... Is she doing this while idleing, under acceleration, or both??

You're gonna need to get a shop manual and also the Aspy SEi Supplimental manual or the '85 Limited Edition Supplimental manual. They contain a wealth of info like how to decipher the LED codes that the CFI computer displays under the left side of the trunk.. That'll be a BIG help with the Fuel Injection!!

More intelligent people than me will be along shortly!!!

1985 Gl1200 Limited Edition
roscoepc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 05:31 AM   #3 (permalink)

Post imported post

Please supply in great detail all the issues you are having.
I know it is a pain to type a ton, but the more you tell us the better we can give an answer.
Old 06-02-2011, 05:45 AM   #4 (permalink)
Resident Hillbilly

Goldwing Model: GL1200 Se-i Trike
Send a message via Skype™ to RobTheHillbilly
Post imported post

roscoepc wrote:
Quote:

More intelligent people than me will be along shortly!!!
Now roscoepc, don't go selling yourself short on that. I'm very grateful for the help that you gave me on my SE-i!!

The Wife...Louann

Tennessee F.& A.M.
Past Master Arcana Lodge #489
32* KCCH Scottish Rite, Valley Of Knoxville Orient of Tennessee

Freemasonry--2B1ASK1

What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us, what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.
Albert Pike

Honorary Rhino NASSIR7
RobTheHillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 11:13 AM   #5 (permalink)

Post imported post

well ... to start with i want to reset the cfi computer .... it spits and sputters ... like a mini backfire ... it smokes when first started ... the travel computer doesnt light up at all ... the fuel light was staying on, so i disconnected the tavel computer, now its off .... i havent got to that yet ... the rear shocks are leaking ... thats a easy fix once i figure out which shocks to get .... tank has a little rust inside ... it doesnt have a high idle at start up ...

i want to get it running good first ....

it starts right up after about 6-10 cranks ... smokes for a couple seconds ... volts are 13.9-14.5 ... found the fuel pump beside the fuel tank ... thought it was down along the frame ... havent found the fuel filter yet ...

well its time for coffee ... steve
Old 06-02-2011, 12:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1986 SE-i
Post imported post

Welcome to the site!

The computer doesn't have a reset function that I know of. I don't think it has a memory that keeps info.

There are lights on the injection computer located under the top trunk. They help diagnose the problem. Rehook the travel computer and then check the lights on the FI computer. The lights can be a bit tough to see. I think the last one of the series tries to hide behind a bracket. The SEI supplement to the honda manual is strongly recommended.

If it's been sitting awhile it's probably just bad gas. Drain the tank, clean the filter and put in fresh gas with some Seafoam additive and ride it til it clears up.

Filter is under a chrome cover on the left side of the bike. Just ahead of the sidecover and behind the chrome on the engine that says 'fuel injected. It has banjo fittings on the top and bottom.

Here's a thread that has the trouble codes listed.
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...ht=sei+trouble

I'd try the solution for bad gas first, though. Experience has taught me to always try the simple things first.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 87 Aspy,SEI,LTD
Garage
Send a message via AIM to neoracer Send a message via Yahoo to neoracer
Post imported post

be glad to send you the sei supp if you pm me an email address,can't be sent by aol,since it too large, yahoo or gmail is better bet

you may also want to pull the input line to the pull pump,there is a tiny screen there that may be clogged

86 SEI 84K 87 Aspy 117K 85 LTD 34K (refurb)
neoracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

Post imported post

yes i am checking the filters,gas tank,plugs,and fault readings of the computer today and tommorrow ... kinda running out of time ... have to go back to work monday ... nothing like going back to a 6 day workweek .... steve
Old 06-04-2011, 09:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

Post imported post

At long last someone else on this board in DeLAND!!!
BNess1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 10:43 PM   #10 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 275,000 miles
Post imported post

I have that manual on CD.
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum