LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 05:48 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Hi

Just a question on usage as the owners manual does not even seem to mention the 'outlet' button on the compressor controls as far as i can see.

I just want to use the compressor to inflate my tyres and although probably obvious the manual doesnt seem to really describe (GL1500SE).

I have a long hose connected to compressor outlet in pannier and to the Tyre valve.

I expected to then press the outlet button with increase or decrease to inflate tyre.

If I do this nothing happens, but if i use as if I was doing suspension i.e P.Check with increase or decrease then it does. The manual intimates that with hose connected it is bypassing the rear suspension. But if this is how iit works then whats the Outlet button for ?

be very grateful if someone could enlighten me and just describe how I should be using the outlet to inflate the tyres.

Thanks.

Nyme 1998 GL1500SE and 2001 F6C Valkyrie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:42 AM

Model: F6B
Post imported post

Hi There Nyme. You have to have the key in the "park" position for the compressor to work.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks for reply Micky,

I know this must sem a bit of a numpty query but be good to make sure I am clear before I tour.

I had been using on ACC key location where it works for suspension but obviously not for outlet then.

So with airline connected to the outlet and key on P :

If I then press P.Check and increase or decrease is that pumping the suspension still or bypassing to the tyre ? So is the screen pressure display showing tyre pressure or suspension when doing this ?

and if I press outlet it does indeed operate the compressor thanks, but does not show any pressure figures on display. Is this correct, outlet button just inflates things but does not show pressures?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:58 AM
Token Canuk

Model: 1996 SE
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to 96aspencade Send a message via Skype™ to 96aspencade
Post imported post

Many of us (well I do anyway) just carry a small plug in compressor that is much easier to use.

Retired Paramedic - 35 yrs
Never had a bad day riding-Just some better than others!!
DD # 1138
30,000 miles - Formosa,
'96 GL 1500 SE - 260,k km
Goodyear Assurance (175/60/16), now on my 2nd
'84 Shadow VT 750c - 35,k km- BF Goodrich Radial TA
'90 Suzuki Intruder 750 88,k km
'85 GL 1200 Aspencade - 185,k km
'83 Shadow 500
'70 Kawasaki KE-125
'?? Suzuki 80

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(Skid Prevention/ Emergency Techniques)
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:15 AM

Post imported post

Bike compressors are essential for suspension adjustment and expensive to replace, so I also carry a small compressor (about fist size) that I use for everyday needs. Paid about $ 10 for it at the local Walmart. I have alligator plugs on it so I can connect directly to the battery (requires less wire/hose length to reach either end) and I can run the bike while using it so the battery doesn't run down. If I should happen to burn it out, no big loss.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 07:37 AM

Year: 1994
Model: GL1500SE Pearl Bermuda Green
Post imported post

Nyme, here is the page from the owners manual showing how to use the outlet button.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf GL1500 Outlet air pressure.pdf (23.5 KB, 114 views)

Larry

Only two things are infinite... the universe and human stupidity; and I am not sure about the former.
-- Albert Einstein

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks a lot for that.

It's interesting that I have just checked this page number in my owners manual and it is not the same.

This explains everything I needed to know. Interesting points so far about carrying spare small compressors, but I just wanted to ensure I knew how to use it for emergency inflation of a wheel after a puncture.

Cheers

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Goldwing Technical Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page