Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GL1200 Spark plugs and wires

10K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Ken Bergen 
#1 ·
imported post

I have an 84 wing aspencade 1200. I want to replace my spark plug wiresand am wondering what might be a good type and brand to go with? At the shop their kinda exspensive and thought an auto parts store might be good. I want to get excellent one's. Thanks

Any certain brand or type or number?

#2 ·
imported post

The Ltd Ed owners manual recomends the following:

Standard:

DPR8EA-9 (NGK)

X24EPR-U9 (NIPPONDENSO)

Cold climate:

DPR7EA-9 (NGK)

X22EPR-U9 (NIPPONDENSO)

Extended high speed riding:

DPR9EA-9 (NGK)

X27EPR-U9 (NIPPONDENSO)

I'm sure they are the same for your bike!

#3 ·
imported post

The title is plugs, the body states wires. Which is it?

JD

#4 ·
imported post

Plugs? You can have the auto store cross reference the stock type. In the 'Wing I prefer the NGK's.

Wires? Probably have to go with factory I would guess. But, they rarely go bad so is there a reason to replace them? If the seal between the wire and boot is bad black silicone is a great product to keep the water out.

#5 ·
imported post

Well my bike has been running bad engine sounding bad lossin power and back firing. When I reseated the spark plug wires my bike sounded really good for about 10 min of riding then went back to sounding bad. The boots are cracked and I thought replacing the whole spark plug wires and boot might fix my engine running problems.

#7 ·
imported post

slammerman wrote:
Well my bike has been running bad engine sounding bad lossin power and back firing. When I reseated the spark plug wires my bike sounded really good for about 10 min of riding then went back to sounding bad. The boots are cracked and I thought replacing the whole spark plug wires and boot might fix my engine running problems.
At least now you know what plugs to buy....:cheeky1::cheeky1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.