Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1200 Gold Wing how much noise

537 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  magicmarker 
#1 · (Edited)
I talked a friend of mine who was a total Harley enthusiast into buying a 1984 1200 aspen we found it on Craig's list price was 900.00 no picture we called him up he said he was out riding would call us back when done but the price had dropped to 300.00 because it had recently started smoking (I wanted to be there when he got back from his ride). I knew about Goldies and sitting on the side stand with 40.000miles I knew it was worth it, went over gave it a ride gave up the money no problem stator was already hard wired, he did the belts for thirty bucks thank you forum friends for the info clutch gets spongy when warm (working on that got most of it out ) thanks again forum friends the U-tube videos are great to. My question is its noisy get's good gas mileage has good get up and go but it's noise cant tell if it's lifters or tranny or both any ideas ?Buy the way he's a total Wing nut now.

#3 ·
Just recently had an 1100 start making a lot of noise at idle, thought I needed to synch the carbs (couldn't remember if I had already done it or not) but they were fine. Turned out the rotor bolt (stator) had loosened up.

#4 ·
Yes ...a loose Stator bolt will add to the noise... as will untuned carbs.

but ... as a long time rider of a GL1200... I have noticed that the 1200's are indeed slightly noisier than other machines....

It could be the lack of plastic surrounding the engine ... or a design "flaw"
eventually, one learns to live with it ....

SilverDave

#5 ·
thanks guy's, got another thread we been fighting through these brakes on a 83 interstate driven both of us crazy cant figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.