Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

timing ugh

505 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  77Pinto 
#1 ·
sso started doing the timing on the gl1500 swapped out and put new trigger wheel on. got timing set up. or so i thought. ugh . decided to take a break and resume tomorrow. after looking at photos i think i realized what i did..

in the original writeup looking at the photo the mark on the crank pull and a point on the stock trigger wheel line up so when i lined up everything again i went by this same method. now after 2 failed attempts at getting it right ( runs but it clicks now) i realize all of points on the new wheel are off by 4 degrees. so tomorrow its cleanin time so i can find the right mark.

#6 ·
Sorry to say, but IMHO those trigger wheels are a total waste of time. The company(s) that make them offer a cheap way to a CARBURATOR problem by changing the IGNITION timing!!

Below is a thread with some of my experience on that aftermarket trigger wheel.

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums...-recall-carb-upgrade-parts-trigger-wheel.html

If you now have an issue with it running, you should put everything back to stock and then go from there. I have had 2 bikes brought to me with ticking noises and BOTH had the timing belts off a tooth.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.