Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I need help with wiring on 85 gl1200 ltd - thanks

500 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  IRAQI RAM 
#1 ·
Hi- I have an ltd 85- I have had it for four years now and about 25000 miles. I have rebuilt and restored it. It has an external denso alternator on it.
I have had 3 goldwings - have a 75 also presently - I m a BMW - old iron rider with a little less then 500 k on since 97- i ve been on bikes since 1966

I need some assistance please. Thanks.

Unfortunately the bike and I were run over at a stoplight in sept 2015. It was totaled and so was I - a thirty mile an hour hit from the left side.

The bike was pushed twelve feet with the wheels of a Durango on its alternator and lower fairing and right wheel on the rear tire -

I was fortunate - if that is the statement to be thrown 25 feet- the ejection saved my left leg - possibly my life. Ironically - there was an abulance 400 feet away. Unlicensed driver and I wish to say here - that I had Progressive insurance for 17 years and so did the other vehicle - Progressive was a night mare - so be aware - I m sure all of them are I had to sue my own insurance company to recover what was due me from his insurance. My hospital bills were 150k. I have been graced to walk the planet for more time and I acknowledge - onto why I am writing.
FYI - my first two vehicle accident in 50 years - I have had single vehicle in snow in arctic circle - diesel fuel in Blue Ridge Peru and NY state.

I m still looking for left side cover and lower as well as plastic over fake gas tank area.

So I rode it since January 700 miles working the bugs out - I still Have a tps issue - anyone have a good tps unit to sell me - at this point I m not doing the threads alternative to this - maybe later I dont have time right now - I ll get to it.
About a month ago I decided to finalize all repair on the ass end
I took all off.

Installed new shocks and more - before this dismantling I had running lights front and rear.

I accidentally ground the alternator and blew the inline marine fuse to pos side of battery It confused me for a while but I got it.

I replaced the alternator. All good in charging department now.

I was missing the license plate light I started through the back end loom thinking i did not connect or I damaged some wire etc - nothing.

Then i i lost all the running lights front and rear on a trip through Vermont over the weekend - I have brake lights and turn signal lights - I have not blown any fuses

The light on dash is always on

I found and removed tail light sensing unit by the side of the battery
Dash light went out. I have not gotten any further - I have read a lot of posts

I need some help- any and all assistance is kindly appreciated

thanks

Richard

previous username was cleggwing
I m going to change it to Phoenix wing
Lao Hulonghealth is online now Report Post

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.