Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftermarket radiator cap for GL1200

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  96aspencade 
#1 ·
imported post

Does anyone have any other part numbers for aftermarket radiator caps for the GL1200? The Stant #227 doesn't exist anymore apparently. It does not show up on the Stant sight nor does any auto parts store I called have a cross reference for it.

Thanks,
John

#4 ·
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
Does anyone have any other part numbers for aftermarket radiator caps for the GL1200? The Stant #227 doesn't exist anymore apparently. It does not show up on the Stant sight nor does any auto parts store I called have a cross reference for it.

Thanks,
John
John as it was said, you did not put 11 in front of 227. I don't know if you have an Auto Zone Store but I bought a 11233 for $7.99. The 11227 should be in the same range.

Keep on Winging:bat:

#5 ·
imported post

Thanks guys. According to Stants site, the only 227 they had was a 10227. I had NAPA cross that and it was a NAPA Balkamp 703-1443. $10.39 + tax. Fits great.

Thanks for your help.

John

#6 ·
imported post

A mid 80's Civic should be the same thing. John. What pressure rating was that cap? .9? Don't want to go any higher. Or about 10 psi, tops

#7 ·
imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
A mid 80's Civic should be the same thing. John. What pressure rating was that cap? .9? Don't want to go any higher. Or about 10 psi, tops
Hmmm, 13 psi is what the after-market info I had said. That's what the new cap is. I didn't look at the old cap to know for sure. I'll have to check it when I get home.

John

#8 ·
imported post

I just ordered a STANT this morning 11233 in a "box" or 10233 on a "card" . The same cap. :baffled::baffled: :waving::waving:

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.