LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Diabetes Information

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this post, if not please move it.

I know alot of us ride with diabetes and our spouses have it also.

The FDA has approved the next Generation DexCom CGMS (Continuous Glucose Monitoring System) if I'm not mistaken this will be tied with several different insulin pumps

http://www.diabetesmine.com/2012/10/...ed-by-fda.html

Check your blood Sugar and go for a ride.

Ivan
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2012, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Postpubescent member

Goldwing Model: None at present

That would be cool to have or at least rent for a month or so. I wouldn't like to have it during the times I get careless though.
Paul W.
exavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Mem & Story Teller

Goldwing Model: 2010 GL 1800

A friend tried one and he did not like having to have the sensor under his skin. Maybe they have improved it some by now. A young girl who has a hard fight with diabetis was hooked to a computer and allowed to eat anything she wanted for a whole weekend. Only problem was having the computer on a cart. It monitored her BS and either injected insulin or glucose. This coming year they hope to put a person on one in a back pack that will function like a real pancreas. It is coming to the point where you will just go for an injection once a month to fill the insulin and glucose bladders under your skin and you will wear a battery charging unit taped over the pickup coils under your skin.

There is a story to everything we have, everyone we have met and everything we have done or we will do or dream about doing.

We sometimes ride to forget, but hopefully we never forget to ride.

Illinois Patriot Guard

Honda SL 175
Honda XL 350
Honda CB 750 X 2
Kawasaki 250
Honda GL 1200 Interstate
Honda GL 1800 (my last and one of the last made in the USA)
monkeytrucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1800

Anybody here ever hear of chlorogenic acid, it's derived from green coffee beans. It's suppose to help decrease weight and Diabetes. Eight hundred mg. a day, twice a day, and in twelve weeks, you should see results. I would like to know if anyone has tried this.
also had a 1986 Honda Sei1200
luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Trike Master

Goldwing Model: 06 levelIII/Hannigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by luddy View Post
Anybody here ever hear of chlorogenic acid, it's derived from green coffee beans. It's suppose to help decrease weight and Diabetes. Eight hundred mg. a day, twice a day, and in twelve weeks, you should see results. I would like to know if anyone has tried this.
Just don't get to far from a restroom
There are thousands of these "ideas" out there.
Bottom line:
Eat a proper diet and exercise and you will improve your health and the weight loss will be permanent, not just short lived.
tfdeputydawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Miscellaneous Forum