View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 09:20 PM
AZgl1800

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Nope, nothing wrong with your gauge....

With my '98SE GL1500, sitting still on the center stand, I let it idle for two hours when I first got it trying to get some Sea Foam into the idle circuits and clear out the varnish from the PO having let it set for two years... "medical reasons"

On that particular bike, running down the road the gauge is about 1/2 way....

Idling it rose up about 3/4 quarter of the way and just stayed there, with the fans cycling.

No two bikes will have the same exact calibration between the sensors and the gauge itself.

That same '98SE though, in downtown Phoenix, Arizona on a 118* day will get right up there almost to the red mark with the fans running..... get out on the highway at 50 mph+ and it drops back to about 3/4 again.

during cooler months, it would run just below the 1/2 way mark.

~ John

Join us for NASR10 "
SR10 "

Summer Rally #10 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Apps:

Android:

iPhone:

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome