Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Polaris to stop producing the Victory

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  DaveO430 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Undoubtedly there's something in sales reports that forced them to make this decision, in this way. The market can't support all these brands so something had to give. I would think that some of the Victory engineering and such would carry over and be used there. The overall market is down, Harley is having issues as well. Just ask yourself, which would I rather have, Victory or Indian?

#4 ·
Indian?

I remember the legal battle and what it cost them to own the name "Indian"
If they were to try to save any name it would have been this. They can roll other platforms from any other brand they manufacture into the name. Entry level bike just do not do much for me. And if I were to go after a V twin , I think for sure it would be a Harley. A buddy just bought a sport tor model and in no way shape or form does it compare to R Peters Triumph and it cost him 6000 more . That could be a problem to an educated consumer.

#10 ·
That is a shame. I rode a Victory Vegas for about a year and it was a good motorcycle. Didn't care for the dealer around here, in fact I think he went down. The bike was smooth, very nice power and excellent finishes. Pulled from every gear. The more choices the better, me say.

#12 ·
I suspect one of the problems with sales is there was no separate identity from any other v twin (except for the vision which was hard to look at), meet one on the road and to me it's just another hardly. The Indian does have a different look, not that I have seen many of them out but I do think I would notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.