post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-10-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter
Joe Hogan

Year: 1982
Make: Honda
Model: GL1100 Aspencade
Garage
Some questions about my 82 Aspy suspension

Hey all! Gonna get right to the point here;

I have an 82 Aspy for which I'm currently waiting on front caliper rebuild kits.

Since getting this bike, I've acquired two parts bikes, an 82 interstate and an 83 aspencade. I was looking through the shop manual and came across this bit.

So the 83 suspension is more easily user serviceable if I understand correctly. Now, the manual's description of the 83 suspensions looks like this

So I have two parts bikes, the 83 aspencade has front forks that look identical to the ones on my 82. The 82 interstate has these front forks

So it would appear the front suspension on these bikes have already been swapped

Here are my questions...

1st off, would it be worth the time and effort to overhaul the suspension from the 82 parts bike and swap it over since I already have the front blown apart this far?

If so, will the 82 brake calipers just bolt right up to the 83 suspension? I do have the mounting brackets, they're just not in the picture. I went out there with a tape measure and got the best measurements i could in the freezing rain lol and it seems like they should at least be pretty close.

looking forward to hearing back from all you wonderful people!

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome