Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

What did you do to your Wing today?

567K views 6K replies 934 participants last post by  Biker bud 
#1 ·
So here's a new idea. Let's just post what we did - and if ya did nothing, maybe this thread is inspiration for you to do *something*.

I'll kick it off.

I took the GL-1200 to Barnes and Noble - looking for a magazine for my wife. (yeah, I'm cheating, it was yesterday, but hey - it's 7am here.) And I used some Plexus to clean the windshield.

#4 ·
imported post

I went to the Honda dealer looking for a new brake master cylinder cover, gasket, and bolts because mine has a coin holder on it and it looks stupid.
$52 for the cover. I walked out and figured I will have to look elsewhere. I just want a cover not a new master cylinder.

#1,981 ·
Regards cover

I went to the Honda dealer looking for a new brake master cylinder cover, gasket, and bolts because mine has a coin holder on it and it looks stupid.
$52 for the cover. I walked out and figured I will have to look elsewhere. I just want a cover not a new master cylinder.
Hi I have a spare cover do you a swap for coin holder I'm in the UK will post ifyou send us your address. Email andyhayton@yahoo.co.uk
:)

#5 ·
imported post

Dragon wagon wrote:
Mine was yesterday but this thread wasnt around yesterday .

I forgot to latch a top on the L luggage bag , top hit the pavement and scratched the heck out of it . :sleepy:
Been there done that - but differently. EVERY time I've left one unlatched I've not noticed it for miles. I've never ever found one. I think gnomes take them into the bushes and hide them.

I'd love to have found a scratched up one - I'd re-finish it. Instead I have to buy a used one when I make that mistake. :(

#6 ·
imported post

Nothing, yet... It's on the lift, andin a less than rideable state. Probably won't do anything to it today other than a quick wipe-down and double-check some measurements.

#7 ·
imported post

Well, yesterday I rode to work and back, today she is locked up in the garage, it's raining here........ I could hear her whimpering when I left this morning......:(:(:(

#12 ·
imported post

Weather’s been crappy here for the last couple days, so the bike’s been sitting.

I need to get out and clean the bugs off from a quick trip to Grand Junction we made earlier this week. Our timing was good because the weather was great on Sunday and Monday while on the road.

Had to go see a new grandson!!

#14 ·
imported post

Checked the air pressure this morning, put some new url in it. Nope not telling what kind . :cheeky1: Hunted up some heated gear, some extra gloves, got my new rain gear out of the box and put that in the bike, (tried it on first) put a new battery in my voltmeter and put a few more tools on the bike, some spare fuses, light bulbs.........checked my air pump..........stuffed granola bars everywhere they will fit, along with a few drinks.

Packed one pair of jeans( I ride in full gear) and two extra shirts. An extra mesh jacket in case it gets hot.

In the morning the cell phone and my toothbrush goes in, along with my laptop and I am off for Californya.

First stop Mobile Alabamy.....527 miles down the road........then along the coast to San Diego........from there as the crow flies, up the coast, to Oregon, back down to Yellowstone, then across the top to Conneticutt, over to the east coast, down the outer banks and finally home.

Just a hop skip and a jump.

Kit

#15 ·
imported post

I rode it!

I used it to go grocery shopping and ended upputting on 50 mi in the process, even though the grocery store I went to today, is only a 20 mi return trip. :action:

#16 ·
imported post

Rode to work today andd yesterday, fixed the windshield vent yesterday, it was sticking. Want to ride more but the better half keeps me busy pouring concrete pads.:?:?

#18 ·
imported post

Kit Carson wrote:
Checked the air pressure this morning, put some new url in it. Nope not telling what kind . :cheeky1: Hunted up some heated gear, some extra gloves, got my new rain gear out of the box and put that in the bike, (tried it on first) put a new battery in my voltmeter and put a few more tools on the bike, some spare fuses, light bulbs.........checked my air pump..........stuffed granola bars everywhere they will fit, along with a few drinks.

Packed one pair of jeans( I ride in full gear) and two extra shirts. An extra mesh jacket in case it gets hot.

In the morning the cell phone and my toothbrush goes in, along with my laptop and I am off for Californya.

First stop Mobile Alabamy.....527 miles down the road........then along the coast to San Diego........from there as the crow flies, up the coast, to Oregon, back down to Yellowstone, then across the top to Conneticutt, over to the east coast, down the outer banks and finally home.

Kit
Hey Kit, What is your trip plans going back East accross the Northern States?

#19 ·
imported post

Rode to work, as every day. Will be cleaning the Honey Bee remains off for this weekend. Have the Ride For Kids on Sunday. Lots of orange groves here. The trees are in bloom. The Bee's are buzy crossing the road's with out looking both way's!
Buttt like my Dad used to say..."Well,,,, he won't have the gut's to do that again"!

#21 ·
imported post

Moorhead WingFan wrote:
Kit Carson wrote:

Kit
Hey Kit, What is your trip plans going back East accross the Northern States?
Have you ever watched the TV show Lost? I really do not know, I do not plan a trip I just go. Wherever I end up is fine. I had not really planned on the northern states, other than a brief visit in Conn to see my youngest son. Mainly from yellowstone drop down some and take old route 66 across part of the midwest then back up to Conn and over to the east coast and down.

Hard to tell, I just go. No set route, or agenda. That kinda takes the fun out of it.

Kit

#22 ·
imported post

Looked at it longingly as I left it locked up in work and walked home.
We are getting the front of the house block paved so I can get it in.
Builders were rained off today though :-(

#24 ·
imported post

I rode it! :action:

#26 ·
imported post

Found out that I need a new foot brake light switch. Anyone know where to look for such item? 87 Aspy. No riding today, weatherforecast says possible snow tomorrow.:?:sleepy: