LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2010, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post imported post

I was thinking. What would my blue Goldwing look like if I powder coated all the chrome parts black? Maybe even the wheels? Might make her look more "modern"?
hallfleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
SCB

Garage
Post imported post

Here's a suggestion. Since this is voting day in the U.S., allow the forum members to vote on it. Try using Paint with a picture of your bike to get an idea of what it would look like. When you get done with 'painting' the chrome black, post the pic on here and create a poll for members to vote on.

Steve

Former bikes
'72 Yamaha DT100
'72 Husqvarna WR250
'63 Sears Allstate Puch
'76 Suzuki RM100
'79 RM125
'71 Honda CB350
'77 Honda CB550 4k
94 Kawasaki Vulcan 750
'83 Honda GL1100A
'83 Honda GL1100A
'77 Yamaha XS750D
'80 Kawasaki KZ1000LTD
'80 SR250 (Karen's bike)
SCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Gregarious Greeter

Goldwing Model: GL 1800
Garage
Post imported post

Someone posted an all black naked wing on this site about six months ago. I thought it looked pretty cool. Some did not seem to like it. My advice is to go with what you like. I had my wing painted to satisfy me and nobody else.

If people like it fine and if they don't it doesn't matter to me, because I like it!!!!!!!
What are you waiting for? ... Sam-n-Elaine
Just livin\' the dream!!!!!
Just another day in paradise!!!!!
Honor above all else!!!!!
Thank you Dylan Saunders for the layout of my greeting!!!!
SETHAN12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Forum Diplomat

Post imported post

Damn, Sethan! You just about got the best paint job ever! I love it..... If you had it done, who did it? And if you did it, how did you do it?

"It's a dangerous business, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no telling where you might be swept off to." (Bilbo Baggins)
Cousin Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Gregarious Greeter

Garage
Post imported post

Cousin Jack wrote:
Quote:
Damn, Sethan! You just about got the best paint job ever! I love it..... If you had it done, who did it? And if you did it, how did you do it?
I found a young man locally who does this for a hobby. Will paint any bike for under 800.00. I sent him a lot of people over the years so he painted mine for cost of paint 200.00. Has eight clear coats over top of the airbrush. I gave him 400.00 and still felt like a thief. Professional would cost 4-5 thousand for this job and I have seen many of the bikes he has painted and they are as good and some better than any professional painter.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to morram Send a message via AIM to morram Send a message via MSN to morram Send a message via Yahoo to morram
Post imported post

that's some paint
Old 11-02-2010, 06:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

Post imported post

Maybe I should take a cross country ride, I've always liked your bike. On the topic, if I had not done all the chrome I have, it would have been all powdercoat black, would have been a good contrast with the red.

GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps, it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away."

Patriot Guard Rider
SpiderBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1997 GL1500 SE
Post imported post

I've seen pics on the web before of one all blacked out, but can't find 'em now. But here's a small example.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Goldwing Model: 2003 GL1800A
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Halfling
Post imported post

SETHAN12 wrote:
Quote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
Quote:
I found a young man locally who does this for a hobby. Will paint any bike for under 800.00. I sent him a lot of people over the years so he painted mine for cost of paint 200.00. Has eight clear coats over top of the airbrush. I gave him 400.00 and still felt like a thief. Professional would cost 4-5 thousand for this job and I have seen many of the bikes he has painted and they are as good and some better than any professional painter.
Hey Sethan, did he do the design as well or did you design it, or did you give him the basic concept and he "flew: with it (pun intended)?

2003 GL1800A Candy Durango Red
US Navy (77-93) EWC(SW)
Tennessee Traveler #1
Darksider # 817 (195-55-R16 Michelin Primacy Alpin PA3 ZP @ 29.5 lbs)
Proud Member of the NRA and GOA

"Seek out that particular mental attribute which makes you feel most deeply and vitally alive, along with which comes the inner voice which says, 'This is the real me,' and when you have found that attitude, follow it." - James Truslow Adams
Halfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Gregarious Greeter

Garage
Post imported post

Halfling wrote:
Quote:
SETHAN12 wrote:
Quote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
Quote:
Hey Sethan, did he do the design as well or did you design it, or did you give him the basic concept and he "flew: with it (pun intended)?
I gave him the concept and he drew it out right in front of me. Then he said "this would not be my first choice" Glad I didn't listen to him. I'm bone headed that way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum