Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austone Taxi Tire in Use

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Chromo 
#1 ·
imported post

If you want to see what the Austone Tire looks like on The Dragon go to Killboy.com, personal pics, cruiser bikes, June 25th, page 58 starting with picture 1723. Even leaned over quite a bit you can see that at least three quarters of the tread is still on the asphalt with no sidewall flex or roll over. I love this tire!

Dubs

#3 ·
#6 ·
imported post

Sweet, Dusty! Probably the same curve, just a little later into it.

Dubs

#9 ·
imported post

thinking about this tire. Dusty how do you like it and does it hold up good?

#10 ·
imported post

The Austone is about as close to a motorcycle tire, handling wise as you can get. I like it far better than the Federal Formoza which I tried earlier.

Wear wise ... it's holding up fine, as I've got ~ 32,000km/20,000mi on it and it appears to be between 1/3 - 1/2 worn, so I'm expecting to get at least 50,000km/31,000mi out of it. ..... possibly 60,000km/39,000mi. :?

Just be aware that a CT is not for everyone! As good as the Austone is for a CT, there are 'nuances' that take some adjusting to.Any CT will 'push you around' at slower speeds on uneven pavement/ruts, because it has a wider footprint.

#12 ·
imported post

D[sup]2[/sup] Dudes...

Do you guys have professional press agents marketing your forum profiles and visibility right BEFORE Nassir 5?

Except the chopper... ALL... these pictures look tasty sweet to me. Confirming what I and many others already know.

T

#14 ·
imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
The Austone is about as close to a motorcycle tire, handling wise as you can get. I like it far better than the Federal Formoza which I tried earlier.

Wear wise ... it's holding up fine, as I've got ~ 32,000km/20,000mi on it and it appears to be between 1/3 - 1/2 worn, so I'm expecting to get at least 50,000km/31,000mi out of it. ..... possibly 60,000km/39,000mi. :?

Just be aware that a CT is not for everyone! As good as the Austone is for a CT, there are 'nuances' that take some adjusting to.Any CT will 'push you around' at slower speeds on uneven pavement/ruts, because it has a wider footprint.
thanks for the info. and i understand the last part about the pushing. Here in Kansas we mainly have flat roads. Sorry i am going to miss you at NASSIR.

#15 ·
imported post

I never really noticed any pushing from the Austone on the 88 1500. In fact it always seemed to handle anything better for me, pavements grooves, ruts, snakes, etc...

There were some bad road places I rode the 82 1100 with Spitfire tires and the 88 1500 with E3's and with the Austone the 1500 was better than either of those bikes with MC tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.