LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: '08 GL1800

Quote:
Originally Posted by trike lady View Post
I like the F6B and I'm 57, it appeals to Wing owners who want something different.
The trike idea is nice too.
Trike Lady, is that your trike in the avatar? That is one good looking trike! I'm leaning that way in a few years. That is a fine looking machine. Any details and caveats will be appreciated.

Chief
Darkside #1609
seabeechief is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #12 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1983 GL650I Silverwing. Half a Goldwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by seabeechief View Post
Trike Lady, is that your trike in the avatar? That is one good looking trike! I'm leaning that way in a few years. That is a fine looking machine. Any details and caveats will be appreciated.

Chief
Hello Chief,
The avatar pic was e-mailed to me by a friend who thought it was cute and fitting.
My actual trike was a 1993 GL1500A with a Voyager, but I used to build trikes for others.

Trikes are great, there are many conversions available. Long wheel base models, standard wheel base models, solid axle, independent suspension, options galore depending upon the manufacturer. You'd want to have installed an EZ steer. The installer can make or break the conversion and you must do your homework to locate a good installer.
Old 01-04-2013, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Hello Chief,
The avatar pic was e-mailed to me by a friend who thought it was cute and fitting.
My actual trike was a 1993 GL1500A with a Voyager, but I used to build trikes for others.

Trikes are great, there are many conversions available. Long wheel base models, standard wheel base models, solid axle, independent suspension, options galore depending upon the manufacturer. You'd want to have installed an EZ steer. The installer can make or break the conversion and you must do your homework to locate a good installer.
Thanks for the help. I'm a-homeworkin'! I'm leaning toward a CSC, but Roadsmith and some others are interesting. About the only consensus I have so far is the independent suspension and a "raked" front end. Thanks again.

Chief
Darkside #1609
Old 01-05-2013, 12:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 1983 GL650I Silverwing. Half a Goldwing

The raked triple trees or EZ steer are a great help, many trike owners who didn't have it installed complained that the trike was hard to steer and it bothered their shoulders. These units come in 4.5 degrees to 6.0 degrees of rake. 4.5 is normally uses on standard wheel base trikes and the 6.0 on long wheel base models. They can be interchanged, but you may find the 6.0 a bit touchy on the standard wheel base trike.
Roadsmith makes a very nice conversion.
Independent suspension gives a smoother ride and feels more responsive in twisties.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
The raked triple trees or EZ steer are a great help, many trike owners who didn't have it installed complained that the trike was hard to steer and it bothered their shoulders. These units come in 4.5 degrees to 6.0 degrees of rake. 4.5 is normally uses on standard wheel base trikes and the 6.0 on long wheel base models. They can be interchanged, but you may find the 6.0 a bit touchy on the standard wheel base trike.
Roadsmith makes a very nice conversion.
Independent suspension gives a smoother ride and feels more responsive in twisties.
Thanks for the info. I'm a few years down the road (I hope), but one of the reasons I traded the Road King for a Wing was so I could trike it later and hopefully ride longer. I had no idea there were so many additional benefits to riding a Goldwing. Sa-prize Sa-prize Sa-prize!

Chief
Darkside #1609
Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #16 (permalink)

Just waiting for mine to show up!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #17 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 2012 Level I
Garage

The FB6 is a good looking bike, I kinda like my trunk though. Once I get to the point of not being able to hold up my bike I'll get it triked. I rode a few trikes but I just like the way two wheels ride.
Member of MOPH
Member of VV of America
Member of DVA
GWTA Chapter A, Oregon
Terryj630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Goldwing Model: GL-1500

Just when you think you are set in your ways, You have the bike that you wanted, then Honda brings out the "young man" still inside you..I like the looks but it appears that its really made for one up, my wife wouldn't ride around the block on it without something to lean back on???? Our son has offered us the use of either one of his motorcycles to go riding on, but both of them only have about an 8 in tall back rest..

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: 2001 1800

I like the look of the fb6 I had the chance to sit on one at a bike show
the seat didn't seem any lower but a bit narrower up front allowing better footing for us little leggers ..not that much lower though... the one thing I did not like was a seam on the seat right were your inner leg would rub when stopped ..would not be an issue when riding ...be a fun bike to ride... ...but you may loose the passenger
1973 900 Kawasaki Z1
1974 900 Kawasaki Z1
2002 750 Honda Shadow ACE
2001 GL 1800 (red..the fastest color)
GWRRA 350677
Hondadiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Location: Bonsall., CA, Phx AZ, Ensenada, MX, California, USA

One thing to remember when contrasting any of our vehicles with a Harley.

A Fast Harley is only a fast bike, if your standard for comparison is a stock Harley.

The distance between "Impossible!" and "All we need is a free weekend and some kind of rocket motor" is about 10 drinks.
rgbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum