Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picking up the Goldwing the wrong way

2K views 15 replies 11 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I liked that method better than the backing into method providing you are on flat ground. I wonder if bike was in gear so it wouldn't roll once up?

#5 ·
I tried it that way once, and once only.
way too damn hard on the spine, I gave it up the first time I tried it.

I will always just put my but into the seat and walk it backwards.... even 90# girls can get them up that way.

#9 ·
A larger than me buddy stood on the right footpeg, grabbed the right bar end and leaned back
like he was sailing an Americas Cup catamaran!
Up from the ground she rose!

Now I make absolutely certain its in gear before adding air to the rear tire..
a little downhill to the driveway....rolled forward slightly with change in pressure and down she went~

#13 ·
I watched the video a few times, and it's actually not as bad as it looks. Some of you may have missed the fact that he is holding the front brake. Also he is pushing with his legs.

It would seem that he's actually using the forks like a lever and the front wheel as the fulcrum. Giving him the leverage to, for lack of a better word "twist" the weight of the bike into an upright position.

While I too still prefer the butt to seat method. Especially when the bike is on it's right side and you can deploy the kickstand before you even lift. This seems a viable method to me especially on an incline where it might be difficult to get the kickstand down with yer butt in the seat and not holding the brake.

Conversely until I stumbled across a video of the butt in the seat method, I alway just straddled the Wing grabbed the bars naturally and hoisted her fat carcass back up. A method I do not recommend, in fact I strongly advise against it.

#14 ·
Last time I dropped mine, I used the butt on the seat method, unfortunately, I was on dirt and about half way up, both feet slipped a little and I suffered a severe strain in the lower back.

I got the bike up, but I was laid up for three weeks over that one.

#16 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.