Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

My 1st ride

1K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  AZgl1800 
#1 ·
Actually today was my first time to sit on the bike since before Mardonna got sick.

That was August 19th, 2016.
A day that will live in my memory forever. I took her to the E.R. to have a sore looked at on her foot. She never again saw our home again.

She suffered for 5 months and one week before she told us she can't take it anymore and told the doctor and me STOP EVERYTHING!

She lasted slightly over two days after that.

Today the temp reached 72 and I pulled the covers off the bike, the voltage showing 13.3 as the battery tender is always plugged in. And the volt meter is always hot to the battery.

The sun peeked out for about an hour,, then hid its' face again. The tach never got above 2900 RPM, no where to go, just needed out of the house.

I have lost a lot of strength for sure. Cindy has moved the tread mill into the kitchen hallway pointed at our living room t.v. We hope to make good use of it as we can see something now besides a blank wall.

See less See more
#2 ·
HI John, I'm real sorry to here about your wife. It's funny about the bike and riding, I always say the trip began's when you pull out of the drive. Going for a ride is great Therapy for the mind. I don't need to go any where just for a ride. It clears all the Stinkin Thinkin and you come back better than you left. I want to say Thank you for your help on this site. I also know it's a lot of work to keep up with the post. You do a very good job. Take care!

#3 ·
I hear ya, AZ. My grandfather, whom I was his live in caretaker and he my best buddy, passed away the first week of November and today was the first day I rode to work. I've been taking the car, instead, even though our winter's been a warm one. I don't really know why. I just kind of lost interest in riding there for a bit.

#4 ·
Glad to hear you are getting out a little. I can tell your love for your wife was a great love. You will always hold her in your heart. I bet the two of you had some great times together.

#10 ·
I dunno about the flying club, but the Crosswinds Restaurant is still alive and kicking. And the chicken fried steak is still amazing.

#14 ·
That sounds like Crosswinds, alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.