LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

Model: as in the signature, but subject to change!
Manx Grand Prix Emergency Helicopter Appeal

Summer time and the racing season is upon us!

Last year we had a great response from you for the Jurby Festival Helicopter Appeal Fund, so Daisy from WEMOTO has been in touch to see if we can help again. Let's do even better than last year!

You really NEED a new Tee shirt for the summer. This fantastic design, the low price and for such a worthy cause means you just can't go wrong with one of these. Those of us that bought last year know the quality of these; amazing value at 10 for UK/EU (about $10 for outside of that) plus shipping!

Here's Daisy's email.
Hi John,

It's Daisy from Wemoto again. I hope you're well. I've seen a comment on your site about the 2017 t-shirts, so I thought I'd get an email sent out with the info.

Our 2017 Jurby T-shirts are indeed here. All the profits from the sale of these 10 t-shirts go to the Manx Grand Prix Supporters' Club - we've managed to raise over 26,000 in the past two years, hopefully, this year we can raise even more. A little info on the charity and what the money is used for...
The club helps fund the MGP's life-saving helicopter ambulances on practice weeks and race days during the Manx Grand Prix. It also supports injured MGP riders and their families, as well as donating funds to help with medical equipment such as new stretchers and a new ambulance which will support all motorsports on the island.

This year's design is a bit special in that it not only celebrates the Festival of Jurby but marks the 60th anniversary of Bob McIntyre becoming the first person to lap the 37.73-mile Mountain Course on the Isle of Man at over 100mph. As per usual, they're endorsed by John McGuinness and other racing legends. We've also managed to get some pretty cool pictures of top riders with this year's design, which I've attached along with a hi-res image of the shirt itself.

We hope you like the design. Thanks again for your help to promote the cause last year.

Kind regards,
Daisy

So come on folks, do as I have done, let the winter moths out of your wallets and go here to help this cause:

http://www.wemoto.com/components/clo...oggles/tshirts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jurby2017.jpg (67.2 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg jurby-homepage-banner.jpg (46.7 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Connor Cummings, James Hillier.jpg (86.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg Ian Hutchison.jpg (65.1 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg Gary Johnson, Michael Rutter.jpg (51.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg John McGuiness.jpg (83.1 KB, 8 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

wingformation on
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1976 GL1000 \'The Swan\' - from an ugly ducking..
1979 GL1000 \'Black Bess\'- original.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

Info on the Manx for anyone who doesn't know.

The Isle Of Man is still the most dangerous racing circuit, although the races have not been part of the Grand Prix (or MotoGP as it is now called) calendar for many years. In the Senior TT race, the top guys like John McGuiness (smaller guy in the bottom picture) and Ian Hutchinson (guy on his own) are now averaging over 132mph over a mountainous course of 37+ miles / lap.
There's plenty of YouTube videos to show you the dangers.

But the Manx Grand Prix is a whole lot different. It caters for classic racing bikes; Manx Nortons, AJS, Gilera, Paton, MV Agusta etc. The speeds are considerably slower as you would expect, but these are not out for a Sunday run. They really are raced, and raced hard. It attracts some of the top riders, the crowds are huge and getting bigger every year. It's a chance to see bikes that you would never otherwise see or even better, hear.

Ok, the Tee itself costs 10 which includes 20% vat, which those of you outside the UK/EU won't have to pay. So now we are down to 8. That seems to be $10 at the moment. It's not very heavy in it's padded envelope. Someone on another Forum just ordered one to Arkansas, sent by Royal Mail on a First Class service the whole deal was just over $23. That doesn't sound too bad to me.
You will be able to go through the process to find out without finally buying if it's too dear.

Mine arrived yesterday and I love it!

http://www.wemoto.com/components/clo...oggles/tshirts

wingformation on

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 05:47 PM
Certified Slacker

Year: 94
Make: Wing of course!
Model: 1500 SE
I looked and if you order more than one, say 5- the total shipping goes down, not $10-12 Shipping each
We need a group buy or US distributor

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Group buy sounds like a plan!

wingformation on

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 11:03 PM
Certified Slacker

Who wants to go into the specialty t-shirt business, with no profit and long hours??
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Tom View Post
Who wants to go into the specialty t-shirt business, with no profit and long hours??
I don't understand. Why the negativity? This is a one-off event each year in aid of a great cause, that of saving racers lives.

Just had a note from someone who bought one and was amazed at the quality.
When I started helping them with this appeal last year, I bought a Tee and was astonished that they could sell that quality of shirt at that price. I think this year's design is even better too.
A a note of interest. Kaye Engineering, who make perfect replicas of the 3 and 4 cylinder MV Agusta works racing bikes, are entering an astounding replica Gilera of the type used by Bob McIntosh to do his 100mph lap. The parade lap will see it with the 'dustbibn' type fairing, which is banned for actual racing. In the race it will have the usual 'dolphin' type and be ridden by Michael Dunlop, the current record holder. He won't achieve his 132mph laps on this though!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MD_Bob_Mac_Final-620.jpg (164.0 KB, 3 views)

wingformation on

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 11:19 AM
Certified Slacker

wasnt meant to be negative, a simple reality
Genuine request for someone to buy a decent amount of shirts to reduce shipping cost- then turn them around
- at realistically no profit- plus the time/effort to process orders, package and ship each one.

Its easy to buy one, spend the 20-25 us dollars for a nice shirt and enjoy supporting a good cause!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-21-2017, 03:59 AM

Model: GL1000 1975 K1+GL1800 2006 airbag(US-model).
My T-shirt arriwed two days ago , and like it has been said , it is wery good quality and a nice design.
I am happy to support a GOOD cause .

The winner is the man with most tools !

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > General Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page