LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-15-2011, 06:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Post imported post

I have spent the better part of two days looking to purchase the right side engine cover for my 2004 Gold Wing as some low life decided that they needed it worse than l. Honda part #83511-MCA-A60. Apparently there is notone to be had in all of the USA as every dealer tells me the part is factory backordered with no release date listed (might explain why mine was taken). Does anyone out there know where a man can get even a salvaged one. Been calling around and there are a million 1500 engine covers but not any for1800. Any help will be appreciated............
rum will help
keep your angel
flying
USAF 75 - 79
Member GWRRA Ok
Bikes l have owned
2005 Suziki C50 w/ lehman tramp trike kit
Currently riding a 2004 GL1800 w/ 2010 motor trike kit
disabled rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2011, 08:16 PM   #2 (permalink)

Post imported post

I got mine from Venco Wings a couple months ago, very nice people!
donnie hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 01:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

Post imported post

Donnie

you apparently got the last one in existence as Venco did not have any in stock. Still looking for the cover. Anyone who has a source new or used hook me up .........Thanks
rum will help
keep your angel
flying
USAF 75 - 79
Member GWRRA Ok
Bikes l have owned
Old 09-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Old School Guru

Goldwing Model: GL1800
Garage
Post imported post

disabled rider wrote:
Quote:
I have spent the better part of two days looking to purchase the right side engine cover for my 2004 Gold Wing as some low life decided that they needed it worse than l. Honda part #83511-MCA-A60. Apparently there is notone to be had in all of the USA as every dealer tells me the part is factory backordered with no release date listed (might explain why mine was taken). Does anyone out there know where a man can get even a salvaged one. Been calling around and there are a million 1500 engine covers but not any for1800. Any help will be appreciated............
I lost mine on the right sidetoo, but got lucky and found one on Flea-Bay and picked it up for $9 plus $11 shipping, back when I found it. I've got Rudy's keepers on mine now, had to modify them a little to fit, but at least they won't fall off, and it will add a couple more seconds to someone trying to lift them. But, I'm pretty sure mine fell off due to bad grommets, which I replaced. Good luck finding one.

Gene
Loud pipes don't save lives, they just annoy everyone.
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The "United States of America", for an amount of up to and including their life. (Author unknown)

Proud member of the World Famous Wild Rhinos
Arkansas Chapter
Darksider #265
GLester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 11:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Post imported post

disabled rider wrote:
Quote:
I have spent the better part of two days looking to purchase the right side engine cover for my 2004 Gold Wing as some low life decided that they needed it worse than
Well atleast you know why they( the lowlife)took yours .You will have to be patient one will pop up in due time. Keep your eyes open GW forums and E-Bay. I'm confident that you will run across one sooner than later
That\'s why I have two wings
AL

Right winger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Post imported post

posted on several salvage web sites. Got one hit, and they want $200 plus shipping. Whats up with that,a new one is only $125. Come on people, just because ride the best, don't assume we are rich and stupid. We work hard for the money.
rum will help
keep your angel
flying
USAF 75 - 79
Member GWRRA Ok
Bikes l have owned
Old 09-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Post imported post

Last year they were $33.00 brand new! Welcome to production in Japan, I guess
donnie hagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

Post imported post

update: After exausting every web site l finally called Honda Corporate Headquarters in CA. Here's their story. After-production of this part which was made in USA was moved back to Japan. They have had tooling problems on this part in which the proto did not fit properly. Those had just recently been resolved and they expect to begin to starting making and shipping this part out with-in the next thirty to forty-five days. Spoke to many salvage yards through out the USA and was told on more than occasion that this part became so hard to get that the going price for one went from $30 two years ago to over $400 a few months ago. That would seem why mine was "borrowed". I had to go to a honda dealer and ordered it using my VIN # as a critical B/O. Honda said this will help me to get it quicker, like December.
rum will help
keep your angel
flying
USAF 75 - 79
Member GWRRA Ok
Bikes l have owned
Old 09-23-2011, 03:58 PM   #9 (permalink)

Goldwing Model: GL1800
Post imported post

I went through this frustration recently. Last fall when mine disappeared I found them for $35. I didn’t order one then. When I looked for one this spring they were priced anywhere from $135 to over $400, but the cheaper $135 ones were not available. I kept looking and did find one for $135. Got mine at Bike Bandit. It looks like they have it available.
clpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #10 (permalink)

Post imported post

Spoke to them. They like everyone else have it back ordered with no delivery date . They use their own parts numbering system, not manufacturers part number, which can be confusing when attempting find it else where. They were on the top of my list. Have it ordered for under $125 which includes shipping. The new part will modified to make it harder to remove, not impossible,but definitely harder.
rum will help
keep your angel
flying
USAF 75 - 79
Member GWRRA Ok
Bikes l have owned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > For Sale/Wanted Forum