Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Parting '85 Interstate

11K views 105 replies 34 participants last post by  Bike...and Dennis 
#1 ·
I have finally decided to part out the '85 Interstate.
If you need something, please ask here.

#18 ·
Roy,

Dennis should also have said that "Windows 10" crashed his computer and he did not regain access to it until late Thursday..... just got off the phone with him.

He knew an IT guru that came over and restore things back to Win7

made it hard for him to get to the forum.

#19 ·
Okay, here are the pics.
Paint is very good to excellent, considering the age.
Pad sliders moved by hand and came out with little or no fight. They looked a little rough but a quick once over with some WD-40 and steel wool shows no real pitting.
Slide pins, on the other hand are shot, but the bores look okay.
#16, here. http://www.westernhonda.com/fiche_s...=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1985&fveh=132501

I compressed the pistons to make sure they moved and all okay there, as well. So I think you're good to go.

Rear pads looked okay so they're included. Fronts were soaked in fork oil so I filed them with the pins.

Package price: $30 each for the fronts and $60 for the rear. Plus shipping.

Attachments

#27 ·
I have a final drive or two. I have to determine which is the 1200 drive and which is an 1100 drive. :baffled:

I also have some crash bars and may have a rear wheel.

Bags, I have too many of.

Let me know what you would like.

#28 ·
Bike,

Ask Dennis if he has mirrors for an'85 Interstate. These are the mirrors that mount on the fairing.

Thank you,

#31 ·
Mirrors, Saddle Bags and Rear Drive

Lyle i have a set from a 85 let me look at them tomorrow and see what kind of shape they are in maybe we could trade if your willing i really just need a left bag and left side crash bars i can give some boot as well i know mirrors are a dime a dozen

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Didn't you say you needed a rear drive also?

I have a couple sets of bags. Not sure how many mounts I have. I kind of hate to break up a set, but............

I will still need at least the left side mirror. Mirror meets ground, mirror mount breaks. A clutch lever would be nice also. I am hesitant to try to straighten mine.

#35 ·
Hi-jacking the thread

I, for one, am trying to be helpful. When someone asks for a part that you don't have and I do have I don't think it is out of line to offer my part. You don't lose a sale because you don't have the part to sell and someone needing a part is happy.

Oh, well never mind............

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.