Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Austone Tire for Sale

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Dodge 
#1 ·
I have a VERY, VERY... (I mean VERY) slightly used Austone Taxi tire for sale.

Seriously this tire probably doesn't have 20 minutes of actual run time on it....

Would like to see around a hunnered bucks + shipping! Negotiable...

Send me a shout...

T

#3 ·
Good Info... I have been buying tires like crazy around here and have collected a few of those heavy cardboard blocks they use when shipping tires...

Aloha...

T

#6 ·
So you tried it and didn't like the tire?

#8 ·
Oh... I actually liked the tire. I didn't like the rubbing... had those saddle bags and the wheel on and off the bike three times... and no matter what I tied up, where I tied it... or what I tied it too... it rubbed...

Save your breath... I talked to everyone I know... looked at every picture posted anywhere... and read every word of every post about pulling that rear fender up and it just plain did not work on my bike.

So finally I got so tired of taking the bike apart and putting it back together again I just bought a light side tire... But other than that the tire ran great...

I just needed to get old gurl on the ground for summer and I was running out of time...

T

Reactions: AZgl1800
#7 ·
A bump for you - The Austone is an AWESOME tire for the 1500! In my opinion. I would buy this but I just bought a used one from a guy on this web site about a year ago and am good for a couple more years or about 25k more...

#9 ·
I can tell you where the Rub is if you would like to know and it has nothing to do with the rear fender. Take the wheel off and look towards the front of the bike there is a rubber piece that stops the tire from flinging the mud and junk up into the rear of the engine. It is held in place with Rivets if you remove the rivets and move the rubber inside the hole away from the tire and hold it on with some carefully drilled holes and tie raps the rubbing noise you hear will go away. It took me a month of fooling around to figure that out but once done I have had no problems for over 2 years. Oh just to say the Rivets stick out into the tire space and they are the rubbing noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.