3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-04-2014, 06:49 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
I have had an Optic Armor +4 for almost a year now and would not hesitate to order another one if needed......

The shield is Chrystal clear, even when it rains. With the vent, I have never had an issue with fog on the inside of the shield, and in 10 months time and more than 20,000 miles, It's the first shield I have ever had that will hold suction cup items like my 6" GPS and cell phone holder without ever having fallen off!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Optic Armor Shield.

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-02-2014, 12:51 PM

Model: 2015 GL1800A 40th Anniversary
I bought an Optic Armor windshield late last riding season and was very pleased with the service and even more happy with the product.

Be Seen, Be Safe

David
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 10-01-2014, 06:14 PM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
anymore updates on this windshield? I am considering ordering one when we are in Myrtle Beach later in October 2014.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 04:27 AM
Bruce County Boy/Snowbird

Model: 07 GL1800
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobe05 View Post
I have had an Optic Armor +4 for almost a year now and would not hesitate to order another one if needed......

The shield is Chrystal clear, even when it rains. With the vent, I have never had an issue with fog on the inside of the shield, and in 10 months time and more than 20,000 miles, It's the first shield I have ever had that will hold suction cup items like my 6" GPS and cell phone holder without ever having fallen off!

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Optic Armor Shield.

Thanks again John for putting us into this windshield. Our suction cup holds the camera and has never fallen off. We love the Plus 4 and using Rejex on the windshield, I just use a damp cloth to remove all the bugs. Love this Optic Armor windshield. BTW..It was cheaper bought from Cyclemax than what the manufacturer would sell it for..
lopeha and jobe05 like this.

We own a 2007 Goldwing with 65,000 KM ( 39,000 Mi. ) on it.

The best part about owning a wing is you know what your next bike is going to be. ( We know, we just bought our 3rd Goldwing )
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 07:26 PM

Model: 1500 & 1800
Garage
In my opinion, Optic Armor is by far, hands down the best shield on the market today. I have had mine for 3 years now and over 55,000 miles, and it's just clear and clean as the day I installed it new. It's a tough shield that has seen it's share of rocks, bugs and other hazards that would have ended the life of most other shields. I would get another one in a heartbeat if I ever get another bike.

2012 Gl1800 Trike w/Hannigan Kit. 16000
2001 GL1800 ........ 73000 Miles
1989 GL1500 ...... 133000 miles and climbing

Darksider #551 - Austone Taxi Tire / Yokohama
Honorary Rhino.......

Honorary Newfie!! I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" so I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers.

Life is Hard.......... It's even Harder if your Stupid.......... Don't ask me how I know.

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 05:28 AM
Best looking member

Year: 1997
Make: Honda, is there any other?
Model: 1997 SE. Pearl Green
Flocking tape

Hi I tried sending you a question to your web site and got no response so I thought I would try here.

I Installed one of you windshields on my 1500 a couple of weeks ago, It is without a doubt the best windshield I have ever had in 40 yrs of biking. When I first cleaned it with just Windex and a paper towel I was frightened it would scratch the shield, but it came up beautifully.

I received with my windshield a bag with 1 long strip
and a couple of short strips of what I call flocking tape or what looks like the soft side of Velcro.

My question is Where do I put these strips? Your rather simplistic instructions do not mention these strips at all

Thanks

Pearl Green(The Intelligent colour)

No question A.T.G.A.T.T. (Even when it's stinking hot!!)
And if it's too stinking hot to gear up, it's too stinking hot to ride.

If your not man enough to take the lead, stop complaining from behind.

I SURVIVED NASSIR 9.... barely.

To all of the troops and Vets. Thank you. I will never forget.

A proud Wild Rhino(Ontario) since 18 Jul 2013 (That mating sound thing really works!!)
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 09:09 AM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
I just received the same windshield, unopened in my garage.

I know from previous discussions it is attached to the bike so that the windshield can slide up/dn with minimum force.

Optic Armor Performance Windows
450 Business Park Rd
Linn Creek, MO 65052-2110
Phone: (573) 317-9066

I will call these folks right now and get them on to this thread, okay?

~ John

Join us for NASR10 "
SR10 "

Summer Rally #10 at

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 09:14 AM

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
just talked to Jim, he is helping you now.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-25-2016, 09:19 AM Thread Starter
Site Sponsor

Model: 1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldwinger View Post
Hi I tried sending you a question to your web site and got no response so I thought I would try here.

I Installed one of you windshields on my 1500 a couple of weeks ago, It is without a doubt the best windshield I have ever had in 40 yrs of biking. When I first cleaned it with just Windex and a paper towel I was frightened it would scratch the shield, but it came up beautifully.

I received with my windshield a bag with 1 long strip
and a couple of short strips of what I call flocking tape or what looks like the soft side of Velcro.

My question is Where do I put these strips? Your rather simplistic instructions do not mention these strips at all

Thanks
We apologize for the confusion on where to install the "soft side velcro". It simply goes between each slider and along the top edge of the sliders. This is of course after you have removed the rubber garnish. If you have any additional questions you can contact Jim Dunham directly at 573-317-9066 extension 11 or via email at jdunham@opticarmorwindows.com. Thanks again for your business.
AZgl1800 likes this.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > GoldWingFacts Site Sponsors > Optic Armor Performance Windows

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page