Camping gear - Page 6 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 06:36 PM
Senior Guru

Post imported post

http://micapeak.com/checklists/mclist.html

Peter

I have had dreams and i have had nightmares i now dont have nightmares because of my dreams
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-06-2009, 08:44 PM

Model: 1990 GL1500
Post imported post

Dusty Boots wrote:
Quote:
This for 2 people, Colm, or for solo use and is this to use en route to Montrose, with/without a trailer?
One person Dusty, but I prefer a larger tent two or three person, mainly because I'm 6'4 and like a bit of extra room should it rain. No trailer. I was looking at one in Wally World today for $49 with a waterproof cover and fly. I think I'll keep it simple.
http://walmart.ca/search/main?cmd=search&lang= see item 7

<-----------Zoe and Duff

Doing nothing is very hard to do ... you never know when you\'re finished. - Leslie Nielsen RIP

Metallic Blue Green is the new Black!
post #53 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 01:06 AM

Post imported post

Winger77 wrote:
Quote:
I've been collecting all ideas from this forum for camping on a long trip with the wing. So far I have my GPS (Garmin Street Pilot c550)

I ordered a custom fit SheepSkin cover for the wing,,,,,,,

Just finished ordering a tent, (Eureka Timberline 4 person 2 door)

Now I need a sleeping bag and some sort of mattress. I want to keep it lite and not bulky. What do you guys use?
Oh shoot, why don't you just go in style...Scooter Schooner

Don't forget the most important thing - A compfy pillow!!!!!

Rules! Hell, there are no rules here...we\'re trying to accomplish something.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 07:16 AM

Model: Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

CALEBNDAD wrote:
Quote:
Oh shoot, why don't you just go in style...Scooter Schooner

Don't forget the most important thing - A compfy pillow!!!!!
Sweet setup.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike
Finally, old enough to know better. Just need some common sense now......
Patriot Guard Rider

1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 Suzuki Madura 700
1973 Honda 350CB
1965 Honda 50

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 PM

Post imported post

GSMacLean wrote:
Quote:
Cousin Jack wrote:
Quote:
-- carry butane lighters instead of matches, several....some on the bike, some on your person, to light your stove, campfires.... Butane lighters don't get wet!
I bought several of these butane torches, one of which lives in my bike's tool kit, along with some solder, electrical tape, a tiny multimeter, and spare wire, for impromptu on-the-road electrical fixes. It's more than capable of soldering wire (in fact, I often use it in the garage when I don't feel like hauling out my soldering gun & extension cords for a quick fix), it's refillable, adjustable, and hot enough to light pretty well anything on fire (or at least melt it).
The butain lighter is a great ideal. Much better than matches! I'm big in being prepaired,

Rules! Hell, there are no rules here...we\'re trying to accomplish something.
post #56 of 82 (permalink) Old 07-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Slow Learner

Model: 93 Aspy
Garage
Post imported post

Time-Out Trailer and a couple extra blankets.

ONCE A RHINO ALWAYS A RHINO
post #57 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:03 PM

Post imported post

If you can afford to lay out a grand Honda makes a 2kw generator that weighs maybe 30 pounds. They are very quiet. I am in the process of building a trailer right now. I am a money miser and I like to save on motel bills and I invest my savings into camping equipment. I also carry a small microwave and a portable oven. I also have one of the 12 volt trucker refigerators, but I still have to buy ice daily. If rain is not in the forcast I have a hammock with a cover and mosquito net, but if rain is in the forcast I take time to set up the tent.
post #58 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 03:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Littlejohn
Post imported post

If you are going to camp take a trailer and camp in style. I started off with a two man tent tied to the rack and ended up with a Kyham / Annex and 2 x canopies. Include the double inflatable mattress, double duvet, 4 x pillows and with everything else you have a full trailer but a heck of a comfortable night's sleep.

Candy Red 2003 GL1800A3
post #59 of 82 (permalink) Old 10-30-2009, 04:33 PM

Post imported post

We are the same, why rough it when you can camp in luxury. We do.

Adrian
2002 GL1800A2 Orange Aug 09. We Love It
RoSPA Gold Advanced Rider and Tutor
IBA UK

RBLR1000 2010, 2011. RBLR1500BBG 2012

Pain is Temporary, Pride is Forever
\'02\' GL1800 A2, My First 1800 Aug 09
\'88\' GL1500 (Japanese Import)My First 1500 May 2008 (Moved on to make room for above bike)
\'80\' GL1100 Fully dressed ex standard Apr 2006 (Moved on to make room for above bike)
\'81\' GL1100 DBX Feb 2001 (Deceased Apr 2006)
\'80\' CB250N 1982 (Gone)
\'79\' CB250N 1980 (Wrote off)
post #60 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-25-2010, 12:10 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to TwoWheelsTebo
Post imported post

I'm not really a camper. So when I do "camp" while on a riding trip, It's just to get a few hrs of shut eye so I can hit the road again in the morning. So, I just lay a foam camping pad beside by bike, on the pavement of a truck stop parking lot and sleep in my Cabala's Snowy Range snowmobile suite. I do carry a cheap Kmart tent and a Walmart sleeping bag with me just in case I decided to hang out in a campground. But I don't use them unless I have to. I just hate pitching a tent and getting a bunch of camping gear out for a few hrs of sleep. If it's raining I sometimes sleep in the trucker's lounge at a truck stop (They've never tried, but I have a CDL so I think it would be pretty hard for them to kick me out. lol)

When I sleep in a parking lot, I choose a place that is well lit, but where I can lay down between my bike and an unmovable object (like a fence) without the light shining directly in my face. And a spot that is as far away from foot and car traffic as I can get, but still lit well.

Not recommending that anyone else do this...just sayin'. No flaming please...just sayin'.

Tim Corban - GWRRA Member #290451
I\'m either on two wheels, or to many wheels!

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page