Camping gear - Page 9 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 82 (permalink) Old 08-22-2014, 03:54 PM

Model: Aspencade
Camping Gear

Hey Winger 77, I do a lot of camping and as you may know, whenever your on a bike and camping it's going to rain, It can be really miserable sitting in a little tent, but what I've found out over the years is I take a 12 x 15 tarp with a hole in the middle of it for a adjustable aluminum pole and 4 more poles for each corner. don't forget the ropes and pegs to keep the poles upright. This makes it really nice to be able to sit underneath the tarp while it's pouring down rain. I also put my firepit at the edge of the tarp.
Hope this helps out. Good Luck Camping and stay Dry.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 82 (permalink) Old 05-07-2015, 12:18 AM

Year: 2013
Make: GL1800
Model: 2013 Navi Comfort
Garage
I'm probably an odd duck here. First of all I ride two up with my wife and tow my HF trailer. Last year we did the Yellowstone trip. We are also 60+ years old. I bought a 6 person tent so we would have storage room. We use a queen size inflatable bed as our mattress. We have a double synthetic sleeping bag as we still appreciate each other's company. LOL! Stuff sacks are our friend. They cinch down well and greatly reduce required storage space. We will be doing a round trip from west to east coast this summer.

Last edited by Apatz; 05-09-2015 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page