LTD/Sei TPS replacement with Honda car TPS - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Model: 2018 White Goldwing DCT Tour
Post imported post

I successfully replaced the bad stock TPS in my '85 1200 LTD with one from a Honda car using Oregonwinger's instructions. I documented the process in a pdf that you can download at http://www.box.net/shared/defb78dogw.

Hope it proves helpful

Paul from Ohio
2010 GL1800 ABS Metallic Red
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-10-2008, 07:03 PM

Post imported post

Thanks pauln!!! I have it downloaded and saved to my Wing Tech Files.

Snorebaby (Doug) and Snorebabe (Michele)
'15 GL1800 Scarlett

'90 GL 1500 SE Pearl
'86 CMX450 Rebel
'85 GL1200 LTD---SOLD
Patriot Guard Riders #137660

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I ain't drunk, but I have been drinkin'. (beenshot)

"Carrots & Pickles, Attorneys at Law" (Wingnumberone)
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I updated the original pdf with some more modifications I did and reposted it at box.net (750KB):

http://www.box.net/shared/defb78dogw

Paul from Ohio
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 02:54 PM

Post imported post

Anyone having trouble reaching this website but me?

ex-Goldwing Rider > Burgman 650 Executive
(Big things come in small packages!)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 07:47 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

The box.net link works fine for me, but I also posted it at http://tinyurl.com/3ph5f3

If for some reason that link does not work, let me know and I will try another location. I can't attach it to the post becausethe pdfis too large (.8 MB).

Paul from Ohio
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 PM
Senior Guru

Garage
Post imported post

Works for me. Excellent job, Paul

BOB

Knicknacks by Eric of Holland (former LTD rider)

80 Int., 85 Int., 85 LTD, 90/2000 1500, and now a 2006 Nav, Cabernet Red
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I had a minor problem with the TPS and updated the instruction pdf with what I did to fix it. The new link (I also updated the links in the replies above this one) is http://www.box.net/shared/defb78dogw

Paul from Ohio
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Senior Guru

Garage
Post imported post

I d-loaded the new pdf, Paul, and it looks excellent. Again, very well done. Makes me almost wish I had another one to play with. Those are indeed quite a machine. I think I'd go for a SEi this time, as I like the color combo. Doesn't show dust very much. That dark red I have now, is absolutely terrible for showing everything. Constantly cleaning it.

Did you see what that LTD went for on Ebay? And with low miles, I bet it has issues, related to sitting idle. 6500.00!! Wish I had a few dozen. I'd post the link, but it's a mile long, and I don't know tiny url. Should learn, I guess. Too lazy, eh???!! lol I don't see a link insertion tool on this "modern" Wow. Even old RA antique software forum has that feature.

BOB

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-03-2008, 11:48 PM
Senior Guru

Garage
Post imported post

BOB

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 06-04-2008, 08:02 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Oregonwinger wrote:
Quote:
I d-loaded the new pdf, Paul, and it looks excellent. Again, very well done. Makes me almost wish I had another one to play with. Those are indeed quite a machine. I think I'd go for a SEi this time, as I like the color combo. Doesn't show dust very much. That dark red I have now, is absolutely terrible for showing everything. Constantly cleaning it.

Did you see what that LTD went for on Ebay? And with low miles, I bet it has issues, related to sitting idle. 6500.00!! Wish I had a few dozen. I'd post the link, but it's a mile long, and I don't know tiny url. Should learn, I guess. Too lazy, eh???!! lol I don't see a link insertion tool on this "modern" Wow. Even old RA antique software forum has that feature.

Bob, thanks. I am going to cut the back off the original TPSsometime and see if it would be possible to mate the guts of one of the car TPSs to the body of the original TPS. That would make it a direct-replacement withoutmuch monkeying around.

The color is the one thing I really don't like about the LTD. It is not so much the gold color, but rather the dark panels. Makes me think of a Ford Country Squire Wagon :P. I talked to an autobody friend about getting it repainted, but it would take a lot of work in prep to get it ready to paint. If the paint wasdegraded on it, I would consider it, but it still shines up pretty much like new. I always wanted a white wing - I am going to wait to see what comes out for 2009 and may eventually get a 2008 or 2009 (maybe even a 2010). No rush, though - as long as we can keep substituting parts for the LTD/SEis, they do the job nicely.

The LTD you talk about is at http://tinyurl.com/5q38dd

Tinyurl is very easy to use - just go to http://www.tinyurl.com and paste the link in the link area and click the button and it spits out the shortened url. Although, after I made the link it did not take me directly to the page, but rather to a Tinyurl page with another link to the ebay page.

There are any number of these "Link Shortener" services out there. I tried http://www.urlot.com for example and it made http://www.urlot.com/1sjlzowhich DOES go directly to the ebay page. The disadvantage with using any of them is that if the outfit ever goes down (or worse) out of business, then your links won't work anymore.

I think I would add afew more thousand $ and move ahead at least 10 years rather than buy something that old (wait - what am I talking about - I have one !). To each his or her own, I guess.

This software will auto-convert what you type to a link if it is in the correct form. There is also an Insert Link button on the toolbar to the left of the {} button.

Take care

Paul from Ohio
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page