SSGB Online Helper's Directory - Page 10 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Monkey with a Football

Model: Linux, Firewalls & VPNs
Garage
Post imported post

Thanks AZ and thanks to scooter7 for filling in Rhode Island for us and to 98wing and wingsailor for providing support in North Carolina.

So we are left with only the following 18 US states still looking to be filled in by someone..

Alaska
California
Colorado
Connecticut
Delaware
Hawaii
Idaho
Kentucky
Maine
Maryland
Massachusettes
Montana
New Hampshire
New Jersey
North Dakota
South Dakota
Vermont
Wyoming

When someone needs it, I'll give a short how-to on printing out whatever you want to carry with you from the on-line helpers directory.

Remember anyone listed can be an online operator/dispatcher for anyone else who
is on the road and in trouble, lost, whatever. It doesn't need to be anyone in your immediate area and they don't necessarily need to provide local help themselves. Just print and carry a few (maybe 10?) numbers for your approximate route area for contact purposes and whomever you reach can act as your "Help agent" to get you help, either from the online list, Digby's list or even making help posts and PM to the general membership in your behalf or Googling up nearby resources.

I am one you can call and I'll find you the best solution we have available at that time and make sure you get help. Hotels, service shops, parts needed on the road, meals banks, whatever you need. Dont ride around with a book that starts getting outdated as soon as you print it. (unless you want to, of course).

Call me from Arkansas if you need me. It doesn't matter where you are too much. I'll find the nearest help you need, if possible. So will most, if not all, of the folks listed.

That's what it is all about isn't it?

Rudy

“...and the rabid dog they gave me
wasn't too much fun”
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:28 AM Thread Starter
Monkey with a Football

Garage
Post imported post

AZgl1500 wrote:
Quote:
The ability to edit the Subject Title is something that I wish the Goldwing Forum had. Can't tell you how many times I have made a typo and had to live with it.
Please don't re-edit the titles after I 'adjust' them for maximum search results unless something like your name, phone number, misspelling or location changes.

If it is that radical of a change, it might be better to just remove your post completely (which you can also do) and start fresh.

Your call though. I scan the entries every day or so and "fix" the titles. I might miss older ones if I didn't know they changed.

It is the one thing that must be managed so that search/print results function well.

Rudy

wasn't too much fun”
post #93 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 AM

Post imported post

I'm a little slow sometimes.......but you can add me and Illinois to your list. I just registered and haven't been approved yet but I only did it about 5 minutes ago.

Good job and thanks much for your time and effort.

Hobie

Mark
Wineberry 1983 Interstate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:43 AM

Post imported post

I'm in!!

Mark
Wineberry 1983 Interstate
post #95 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:52 AM

Model: Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Quote:
Call me from Arkansas if you need me. It doesn't matter where you are too much. I'll find the nearest help you need, if possible. So will most, if not all, of the folks listed.

Now all you need to do is move to India to make this complete.

Or at least add an Indian accent, so we all feel comfortable talking to you. Kinda like that strong, southern accent you have.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike
Finally, old enough to know better. Just need some common sense now......
Patriot Guard Rider

1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 Suzuki Madura 700
1973 Honda 350CB
1965 Honda 50

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #96 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Monkey with a Football

Garage
Post imported post

mikef wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Now all you need to do is move to India to make this complete.

Or at least add an Indian accent, so we all feel comfortable talking to you. Kinda like that strong, southern accent you have.
Hehe... That's just how I sound with a mouth fulla bolled pnuts.

And yer lyin through your tooth, you is.

"Thank you... come again. " Apu

And remember, operators are sitting by, drunk on their asses.

Rudy

wasn't too much fun”
post #97 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
Post imported post

Rudy wrote:
Quote:
AZgl1500 wrote:
Quote:
The ability to edit the Subject Title is something that I wish the Goldwing Forum had. Can't tell you how many times I have made a typo and had to live with it.
Please don't re-edit the titles after I 'adjust' them for maximum search results unless something like your name, phone number, misspelling or location changes.

If it is that radical of a change, it might be better to just remove your post completely (which you can also do) and start fresh.

Your call though. I scan the entries every day or so and "fix" the titles. I might miss older ones if I didn't know they changed.

It is the one thing that must be managed so that search/print results function well.

Oops!

In my case, I resorted my line info to put the state first, then my area in logical order.

Don't think I will be needing to change any of the rest of it. I'm pretty a "stagnant" beast but very flexible in times of need.

So if anyone is traveling in Arizona, Yuma is covered and I can get the rest of the state all the way up to Utah if necessary. Because that country is devoid of help in the south/southeast parts.

~ John

post #98 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:15 AM

Location: Fromerly-Rhode Island. Currently, Kansas City KS USA
Year: 1998
Model: Goldwing SE
Post imported post

Just wondering if there's any way to delineate areas more clearly.....for instance, I'm in RI, but also VERY close to parts of MA and CT, but because I'm under RI, people won't realize it. While there is a large part of both those states I won't go to to assist, there is a good portion of them both that I would be willing to cover.

Scott
1990 GL1500A
1982 GL 1100I "Phoenix"
1984 VF 1100 Magna (rocket ship)sold
Road Captain,CMA Chapter
God\'s Posse
Luke 19:10

post #99 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
Monkey with a Football

Garage
Post imported post

Scooter 7 wrote:
Quote:
Just wondering if there's any way to delineate areas more clearly.....for instance, I'm in RI, but also VERY close to parts of MA and CT, but because I'm under RI, people won't realize it. While there is a large part of both those states I won't go to to assist, there is a good portion of them both that I would be willing to cover.
I think if you have those other state codes in your main text area, it will still get found in the searches. Just gets confusing if they are all in the Title areas.

Rudy

wasn't too much fun”
post #100 of 275 (permalink) Old 08-10-2008, 11:48 AM

Location: Fromerly-Rhode Island. Currently, Kansas City KS USA
Year: 1998
Model: Goldwing SE
Post imported post

that's what I did with it, I'd just hate to have someone stuck in Worcester, MA thinking there's no help around, when that's a 1/2 hr ride from me

Scott
1990 GL1500A
1982 GL 1100I "Phoenix"
1984 VF 1100 Magna (rocket ship)sold
Road Captain,CMA Chapter
God\'s Posse
Luke 19:10

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page