Dupli-Tech alternator conversion kit - Page 6 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 12:21 AM

Year: 85LTD +1more 85LTD, 82GL100 Custom, 89GL1500, 2016 FLTRUSE
Make: Honda, Harley
Model: LTD
Skip, You built your own alternator conversion kit? I have an 85 LTD that needs that as the stator is shot. Would you be willing to share your design? Where to get the parts, shims, sleeves, what bolts, etc etc?

John P. Rooney
GWRRA# 28002
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 12:25 AM

Year: 85LTD +1more 85LTD, 82GL100 Custom, 89GL1500, 2016 FLTRUSE
Make: Honda, Harley
Model: LTD
Skoto1, I have an 85 LTD in need of the alternator conversion. Would you mind sharing your design and step by step of how to do and where to get the parts? Cheers. John 919-600-2390

John P. Rooney
GWRRA# 28002
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 07-16-2014, 09:58 PM
X-Roughneck

Model: 84 GL1200A w/poorboy alt & 1997 1500SE Green
Here's the one i done.I show all the parts and how i mounted it.My conversion starts on pg17 in this thread....It works perfectly!!! Best thing i have ever done to a 1200.

https://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/...gl1100-17.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 11:46 PM

Model: 1985 Interstate
Duplicate-tech conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyhead View Post
I was worried that the company would only take a cashiers check or money order for these kits and against my better judgment we went ahead and ordered. I was concerned we would have no recourse if the company did not deliver and sure enough it has been over 1.5 months after being promised a 2 week turnaround and they keep giving us excuses as to why we have not gotten the parts yet. I will be filing a criminal complaint if nothing happens tomorrow but wanted to give anyone else thinking of ordering this some warning about my experience!Please post anywhere else to protect others from falling victim
Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm contacting you in regard to your experience with duplicate-tech. I too sent a money order to them and was promised 2-3 week turn around and to date it's been 4 weeks. I'm hoping they're just really slow at getting things out but I'm having a hard time just getting to talk to anyone. I had no problem talking to people before I sent money but now it seems like they see my number and don't pick up. If you have have had any contact with them since your last post about them or any info at all I would really appreciate it. Thanks JonB
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 10:40 AM

Hello to one and all my name is Jon and I'm new to the forum and I have a question about a company named duplicate-tech. I recently sent them a money order for one of their alternator conversion kits and it's been a month since and now when I call I get no response. The person I spoke to before sending money(Charles) told me that turn around was 2-3 weeks but after reading some of the posts here I'm wondering if I haven't made a huge mistake. Anyone with any info please help,I feel like I'm on an island. Thanks Jonbatts
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 04-30-2015, 12:14 PM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
JonB, I see you have double posted, which is not needed.

I have not heard anything bad about that company, but then, have not heard much about it at all for that matter.

I am sure that if it were a bit shady, we would have news on it.
Have you checked with other Goldwing forums, done a Google search for their history?

You have not told us what exactly you ordered, what model bike it is for?
That is why you have not received an answer, we don't have enough info to help you.

~ John

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-01-2015, 12:08 AM
Banned

Year: 94
Model: 1500 SE
was the item being made or shipped from overseas- china etc.?
maybe parts needed to assemble in usa came from overseas?

The several months long slowdown or stoppage of freight moving off the boats and thru the ports has really messed things up!

Have you tried calling from a different number? email?
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 05-27-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZgl1800 View Post
JonB, I see you have double posted, which is not needed.

I have not heard anything bad about that company, but then, have not heard much about it at all for that matter.

I am sure that if it were a bit shady, we would have news on it.
Have you checked with other Goldwing forums, done a Google search for their history?

You have not told us what exactly you ordered, what model bike it is for?
That is why you have not received an answer, we don't have enough info to help you.
Thanks for the reply and sorry that I haven't been up to speed on my end because I'm doing a repower on my boat right now and that's a huge undertaking(50' sport fisher ) or nightmare on some days. Well low and behold yesterday when I got home the dupli-tech kit arrived. I sent a money order on 3/31/15 so 7weeks? Now things don't seem so bad but I just wish they had told me up front and I would have waited quietly being that I have another project. It was the lack of contact and thinking I had thrown money out the window that bunched my leggings. Anyway,I'm done crying about that and I'm glad there was a good outcome in the end so if anyone is thinking about that kit that was my experience,long wait but all items appear to be of a very good quality. And thanks to aloha Tom for your comeback as well. A little about me and my bike: '85 interstate 70,000 on odom overall it's in fair condition but po had some poor wiring along with what I believe was way too much in electronics for the bike, heated clothing and what looked like heated grips as well as asst radio and cb equip.ive stripped it all and plan to go to LED 's and go with a couple led driving lights and maybe side markers as well as a aftermarket stereo with Bluetooth but that's about it,clean her and try to make her shine again. So once again thanks you guys and thanks to everyone for all of the other posts I've fix a few things already just from reading everyone else. JonB
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page