Koxx4, Keys & Locks Guru - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:33 AM Thread Starter

Model: GL1800 '06 GL1200 SEi '86
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Silverfox
Post imported post

Just a heads up, that one of our members Koxx4, has been appointed "Keys& Locks Guru" due to the fact that he has indepth knowlege of motorcycle keys and locks, through his trade as a Master Locksmith.

Being the sort of person not given to sing his own praises, I thought I would mention it on his behalf.

If you have any issues regarding lost keys, keys locked in trunks, ignition or other barrels with issues, it would be good to address Koxx4 and seek his assistance.

Might be good to still put any questions for him in open forum, so that everyone might benifit from his knowledge, although I am sure he won't mind a PM to give him a heads up about the thread.

I know he and the company he works for can cope with any motorcycle key or lock ever made, bar the HISS system found on UK 1800's which are coded in such a way as to be a "Honda stealer" only thing. They can still make up a key that would get you into the boxes for a HISS fitted bike but it wold need to be HISS fitted by Honda, to work in the ignition.

One other thing to note, Koxx4 is a UK member and so please bear this in mind if tying to contact him, and of course he has a normal working day to contend with as well as sleeping etc.

(if this post were better placed in another forum like the Reference one, I am sure one of the A team will sort it)

Pete

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to EDDIE W
Post imported post

there is a lock i could do with him opening,,, i will supply the dark suit, flashlight and cosh

congratulations on your promotion koxx4

GSVH
radio hams do it all night !!! and sometimes with frequency
\'88 GL1500
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:45 AM

Post imported post

I do have a question for him!! My gas tank cover lock bit the dust the other day, had to pry it open with a screwdriver. I checked with Honda and they wanted $42 for a new one. Is there a substitute that can be rekeyed to work with the ignition key??? It's not that important to be able to rekey it but it sure would be nice.

Like ol\' Hank said, a cntryboy can survive!!

Patriot Guard #169835

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

in the cage

on the bike

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 09:53 AM

Post imported post

Thats great news, just another fine member who is willing to help others out.

That is what this whole place is all about friends helping friends

Thanks for the heads up also Pete

Ride Safe, Ray

Working riding whenever we can. Wish I had more time to hang out with my goldwing family!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Quote:
I do have a question for him!! My gas tank cover lock bit the dust the other day, had to pry it open with a screwdriver. I checked with Honda and they wanted $42 for a new one. Is there a substitute that can be rekeyed to work with the ignition key??? It's not that important to be able to rekey it but it sure would be nice.
if you haven't already done so, shoot Koxx4 a PM to highlight this thread and your question, and I am sure he will respond as soon as he can.

One thing I should have mentioned ( and will edit my first post), Ian is a UK member so please bear this in mind when expecting a response.

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
'98 ST1100 Pan European, formerly owned by the Late Motorcycle Pete, Member and good friend of many on this site. Available for use by visitors from the USA and Canada.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
Lock and Key Guru

Post imported post

cntryboy1289 wrote:
Quote:
We have replaced these locks in the past with Lowe and Fletcher cam locks,(much cheaper)however they cannot be rekeyed to suit the rest of the bike, as the key section (key blank) is different. I would look on eBay for a replacement lock or if you do order one from a main stealer order it under your existing key number.

Ian
Master Locksmith
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut on the saddle.
GL1800
Triumph 3TA Trials, BSA B40, Yamaha TYZ 250Trials x2, Bultaco Sherpa x2
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:36 AM
Lock and Key Guru

Post imported post

Many Thanks for the heads up Foxy I will do my best to help members on the Forum

Ian
Master Locksmith
GL1800
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

koxx4 wrote:
Quote:
Many Thanks for the heads up Foxy I will do my best to help members on the Forum
Not a problem Ian, but don't expect me to go easy on you elsewhere on the forums, this is important enough for members, tonot take the micky, but elsewhere I consider you to be fair game I am afraid.

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Lock and Key Guru

Post imported post

redneck wrote:
Quote:
there is a lock i could do with him opening,,, i will supply the dark suit, flashlight and cosh

Not trying to lead me astray are you redneck

Ian
Master Locksmith
GL1800
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Post imported post

koxx4 wrote:
Quote:
redneck wrote:
Quote:

Not trying to lead me astray are you redneck

I am sure Rednecks intentions are honourable Ian!!! ( yeah right)

Pete

'06 GL1800
'86 GL1200SEi
Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page