Camping Gear for bike trips :) - Page 2 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 02:43 PM

Send a message via AIM to 2wings
Post imported post

flashya2 wrote:
Quote:
LOL....Rabbit, the boat had a 90 HP Johnson, so maybe it should have been pulling the bike! And AZgl, I did all right, got the wing, lost the boat....which would YOU rather have? lol My ex and I are very friendly, helping each other make new starts, her with a new business I bought her, and I'm renovating the apartment completely upstairs for her. She's helping me still when needed in my photography studio.
You really came out of your divorce smelling like a rose, I came out of mine with a severe case of road rash - she cleaned my clock. Back to better things like camping, don't overload your trunk luggage rack or might suffer cracks in the top of the lid like I did.

Keep on Winging

John Young
92 GL 1500
On the hunt for a Red 2005 1800 with all the fixings
49 Wife ....Keeping the Wife, to much invested
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 03:40 PM

Post imported post

hey dusty, nice pics, gives me some ideas too...

this is how I had my wing packed up last year

Attached Images
File Type: jpg camping09.jpg (91.2 KB, 744 views)
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:11 PM

Post imported post

flashya2 wrote:
Quote:
LOL....Rabbit, the boat had a 90 HP Johnson, so maybe it should have been pulling the bike! And AZgl, I did all right, got the wing, lost the boat....which would YOU rather have? lol My ex and I are very friendly, helping each other make new starts, her with a new business I bought her, and I'm renovating the apartment completely upstairs for her. She's helping me still when needed in my photography studio.
Weird , i cant get a long with my wife for 5 minutes and were still married . You two seem to get along great and got a divorce . Now which of us is the dummy .

Dont forget your fishing pole .

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Ornery Old Cuss

Year: 1982
Make: Honda
Model: GL 1100
Garage
Post imported post

When I'm solo,
I use a ten by ten dome tent, a cot and a square bag. I also carry 2 of each undershorts, tee shirts, over shirt and long pants. I carry 4 pair socks, 1 rain suit, jacket, vest, head cover, hat. For hygiene I keep a large zip lock bag with smaller bags inside containing a wash cloth, towel, liquid soap, deodorant, hair brush/comb, razor, dental cleaning product. I can get all but tent and cot in the bags and trunk on an 81 GL 1100. I prefer a cot since it gets me off ground and has a smaller footprint for storage.

Life is to be Lived!

'81 gl1100
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 07:10 PM

Post imported post

Pile everything you need on the floor in your living room - then cut the pile in half and you'll still have more then you need. I'm down to a pair of nickers an a case of beer.

A man should never have more girlfriends then he can afford - I need a better paying job.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 02-28-2010, 07:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Big John .25
Post imported post

Many folks on the forum welcome other members to 'crash", at their place when your on the road. I've done this with the members of my Sabre=Magna group, and had them at my house, so it saves a lot of money, and made some friends too.
One option is to ship the camping gear to where your going and use inexpensive motels enroute. then the size of the equipment or it's weight becomes less important, When done ship it home.
Solo on a Wing, it is not real hard to pack for camping but, 2up it's an issue, but it has been done.

Big John
Sevierville,Tn
90 GL 1500SE

84 700 Sabre
06 Ridgeline 3.5/RT
Sevierville, Tn
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 12:00 AM

Model: GL1100I
Post imported post

Tent, sleeping bag,pillow,leathers on the seat. Six days of clothes,includeing sox and underwear.

Tools and few light but hard to get parts,tire repair kit and 12 v compressor.Spare qt oil.Frogg togs.

3/4 helmet,first aid kit,soft side cooler. A little heavy but the wing handles it well.

1981 GL1100I Keep it vertical! Fred
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to flashya2
Post imported post

WOW.....what a wealth of information, thanks to all!!

Looking forward togetting into this....I expect to be riding 2up, so guess in order to keep that person happy, will have to see what their basic requests are....may need a basic trailer to help.

Many thanks again, friends!

Any day ABOVE ground is a GOOD day....
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 08:50 AM
Just another ORF!

Model: 92 1500 Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Since I tour riding solo, I can carry a few 'extras, that I wouldn't bring, riding two up

Here's what I carry when" Moto-Camping " for a month(or more), on the road, travelling through all kinds of climatic conditions(-250' - 12,000'+/below freezing -115*+)

I didn't get a shot of what's in the trunk, but I carry my Acer Aspire One 10.1 Netbook computer, 175 watt power inverter with USB port to charge all my electronics while riding, a 1.5 W solar panel, tent poles, toiletries bag, a can of Lemon Pledge and a polishing cloth, spare riding gloves(2 extra pairs) cigarettes, 6" hunting knife, insurance documents/ownership, wide brimmed hat, maps/guide books, garbage/grocery bags for laundry/garbage etc. and room for souvenirs on my trips

I've probably forgotten a few things , but you get the jest of it.

Dusty

1992 1500 Aspencade - 213,178 showing on the clock

- just another Rider
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"anyone can go fast on a straightaway" - Dusty Boots

post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 03-01-2010, 09:01 AM

Post imported post

Thanks Dusty. I'm gearing up for camping and the info you've given is excellent! Thanks again.

dw

dw or Donny ><>
08 Pearl White, Airbag.
IBA Member #42244
Darkside #1207
PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF THIS GREAT FORUM FAMILY!!

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page