Year: 1997
Make: Honda
Model: 1997 Aspy
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Winger77
Post imported post

86wing wrote:
Quote:
My wife, Renee and I are heading out at the end of this month to the Great Smokey Mnts. This will be our first long trip on our Wing. I found a Napper II pop-up to pull behind which we will use while down in TN. We will post pictures when we get back. Thanks for all the great info on this thread.
Now don't tear up the roads before I get there,,,,,, leave some for me . I'll be there after NASSER (July 14-17 or 18)
Hope you have a great first time

The things I liked,,,,I\'ve tried em twice!
You have to be a little Crazy,,,,,, or else you\'ll go Insane.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 05:50 PM
Banned

Post imported post

I'm pretty bare bones when I go camping solo, I just take a sleeping bag, a sheet of tarp, a small cast iron skillit, knife and eating utensils and salt and pepper.
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM

Year: 1984
Make: Goldwing Interstate 1200
Model: 1984 1200 I with many add ons
Here is what I Loaded in My Trailer for my 60 day America tour this past summer..Rain Gear..inside bags, Toilet articles Inside bags as well as extra coat and windbreaker. also had my compass and sweatshirt in there. Inside trailer I had Med sized cooler..Craftsman tool box with starter rebuild kit tire repair kit Coils and some electrical doodads. Two man tent with a tarp full sized air mattress with a hand pump and a Battery powered one Sleeping bag dyzbone slicker..two folding chairs one folding table. Small cooler with My stove, lights and other stuff in there like mosquito repellant etc. kept dry food in trailer and other stuff. Since my Military M1951 squad stove runs on regular Gas I had a syringe I bought you use to baste turkeys..open tank and fill the stove up via gas tank. I had everything I needed to camp very comfortably.Put Bearing Buddies on the Trailer and that sure helped. The spare underneath the trailer was used once and I went through two tires on the trip but they are wally world tires so technically if your spare is used you can stop in and get a new one for around 40 bucks. I had my cooking gear also with plastic plates but I just used those to firm up my paper plates but I did use silver wear. Also had a perk styled Wally World Pot that worked real well. Medical stuff and poncho liners are neat to have also. dried my towel off each day by draping it over all the stuff and by evening it was dry again. Had a case of water in there and some in cooler everytime I drank one added one to cooler. Trailer is the way to go on long trips no doubt.

Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 10-31-2012, 02:26 AM

Garage
Trailers are certainly getting more and more popular now. I am seeing more and more often the single tire balanced trailers too. Still gonna stay with just my MC for now, I am getting things more and more compact every year but still having lots of fun. I sure am glad backpackers expect so much from their gear, because I have really seen the benefits.

I don\'t care what you ride, just ride.

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them--Thomas Jefferson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves...Abraham Lincoln.

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Heathen Darksider # 771.
Falken 912 NRF @44psi.

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page