Bringing back a 1983 Aspencade after sitting in shed. - Page 31 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #301 of 344 (permalink) Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 PM

Post imported post

Hey Cooper204, as many had said throughout this thread, I would like to say it one more time, THANKS. I have an 84 ASPY with all the bells and whistles and I just love my bike. I have owned it for 3 years now and spent much of my time working on it rather than riding it when my wife and kids allow me. At times I get so frustrated at the bike looking for parts and money to spend on it that I just want to give up on it and give it away. However I just come here onto the forum and read about the solutions in which I am having difficulties with and all the time members like yourself take to help us out is of our situation. We can't thank you guys enough. I can't wait to see ELLA finished. Agian, thanks

James Wynn
Titusville, Florida
1984 GL1200 Aspencade 130,000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #302 of 344 (permalink) Old 12-07-2010, 12:33 AM

Post imported post

copper, come on dude.....whats up with the bike, have you started to detail the thing yet? Need more pics....don't leave us hanging.....you got us hooked.....marc
post #303 of 344 (permalink) Old 12-12-2010, 06:23 PM Thread Starter

Model: GL1200A
Send a message via Yahoo to copper204
Post imported post

Sorry been busy fixing my kids cars on my days off. and my jeeps.. bloody things.. these- keep me busy.. and fixing my buddies daily commuter Goldwing.. Blew a rod and built him new motor.. i was lazy and in a hurry and did not take pictures of that.. i will be getting back to ELLA..

oh yeah- checkout my Jeep page....LOL..

www.coppersjeep.com

Hal

Be like me: LIVE YOUR LIFE IN SUCH A MANNER. THAT WHEN YOUR FEET HIT THE FLOOR. THE DEVIL SIGHS AND SAYS, "OH DANG HE\'S AWAKE"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #304 of 344 (permalink) Old 01-10-2011, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

OK I am a slacker.. But medical issues are keeping me outta garage.. I am having a weird problem with left hip popping and clicking and actually jumping partially outta socket.. I am onto fourth doctor.. First three have said to replace it.. sheesh. I am only 45?

Be like me: LIVE YOUR LIFE IN SUCH A MANNER. THAT WHEN YOUR FEET HIT THE FLOOR. THE DEVIL SIGHS AND SAYS, "OH DANG HE\'S AWAKE"

and
post #305 of 344 (permalink) Old 01-11-2011, 08:54 AM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

No your not a "slacker", I don't have a hip "popping" out of place but a knee that has a "floating" knee cap, it will pop out of place when I least expect in and I have almost fallen several times...I just can't take the time off to have it fixed...Then too the line of work you were in for many years takes its toll too...I wear a duty belt where I work, and it kills my hips, with everything on it, it weights about 14 lbs...I don't think that there is a peace officer alive that wears a duty belt that doesn't or won't have hip issues now or later....FYI.... the only thing I don't carry is ammo or a piece, but everything else I do carry, 2 pr of cuffs, flashlight, company radio, my cell phone, a case with 2 pr of rubber gloves in it, and my spare glasses... Just do what it takes to get it fixed ELLA can wait.....Take care.....

Claude.....

BTW: my youngest son when he was 13 years old started racing BMX, he did really great with it...We knew where he was and who his friends were, because 99.9% of the time we were driving him to these races...Now at 41 years old his ankles and knees pop so loud from his riding that he can't slip upon you...He makes more noises walking than I do at 67 years old.......

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #306 of 344 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 01:07 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Ok finally went and looked at ELLA.. i was totally bummed.. I had placed what i thought was abattery tender on her.. it was atrickle charger.. it baked the battery.. Now the battery has 12.8 volts and no cranking amps at all.. So wasted $50.00 bucks on battery arghhhh.. stole one from buddies bike in garage. I put it in she fired right up.. No issues at all.. smoke a tad bit, because dummy me parked it on side stand.. Achilles not strong enough for center stand stomp.. buddy put it on center stand after i was done.. he is harping on me to work on her this week.. i will hopefully get a chance..So stand by.. a little update hopefully coming ur way...

and
post #307 of 344 (permalink) Old 01-16-2011, 11:04 PM
Steveorino

Model: 1990 GL 1500 SE
Post imported post

Go Copper Go!!
Beg, borrow, steal, whatever it takes!!

-SteveO..
On a Wing and a Prayer...

post #308 of 344 (permalink) Old 01-17-2011, 12:23 AM

Year: 1981
Make: Honda
Model: 1100
Garage
Post imported post

They are all perfect
Last samuri
post #309 of 344 (permalink) Old 01-30-2011, 04:43 PM

Model: 88 & 95SE 1500's, 82 1100I, 80 1100, etc..
Post imported post

Looking forward to some more on Ella when you can.
Take care of yourself first though.
Get yourself fixed up good as new, then finish fixing Ella good as new

Chromo

I ride for FOOD

99 SE 1500, Also riding now, Red ( Second fastest color)
95 SE 1500, riding now, Purple (the fastest color)
88 1500 recovering from deer hit, Phantom Gray (Most expensive color )
82 1100 riding sometimes, Red
Also 80 1100 naked and 86 1200 Interstate, not running yet.
post #310 of 344 (permalink) Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Post imported post

Copper I have to tell you that I am so damned impressed with this thread! I hope your hip is getting fixed with the same attention your vehicles do! I just bought an 83 that I will be starting on this weekend thanks to your examples!

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page