Bringing back a 1983 Aspencade after sitting in shed. - Page 9 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Model: GL1200A
Send a message via Yahoo to copper204
Post imported post

OK OK I will get some and try it on one of my parts bikes..

Be like me: LIVE YOUR LIFE IN SUCH A MANNER. THAT WHEN YOUR FEET HIT THE FLOOR. THE DEVIL SIGHS AND SAYS, "OH DANG HE\'S AWAKE"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 01:18 PM

Model: GL1100 / GL1200
Post imported post

You won't regret it.

I bought the 5 gallon bucket of the gel solution because I knew it wouldn't be enough to fill the tank, I wanted to use compressed air to splash the gel up onto the top surfaces. It worked, but was a pain in the back-side.

For the 2nd tank, I took a tip from a member here, and went to Walmart and bought those cheap punch balloons with the big rubber band...Insert the balloon through the fuel gauge pickup hole, inflate with compressor until the solution is about to come out of the fill neck, tie off the balloon, walk away, and come back at the prescribed time.

When you're ready to empty the tank, pop the balloon, grab your shop-vac and suck it all out.

Rinse well, dry with compressed air, inspect...ou should be all set.

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #83 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Stores on the west coast that might carry it?

Be like me: LIVE YOUR LIFE IN SUCH A MANNER. THAT WHEN YOUR FEET HIT THE FLOOR. THE DEVIL SIGHS AND SAYS, "OH DANG HE\'S AWAKE"

and
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 09:00 PM

Post imported post

I'm not sure it's sold in stores. I think the only way you can buy it is direct from the manufacturer.

Mike Kramer

"Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: Now."

Denis Waitley
post #85 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Ok I will do a search and try to find it... Hal

and
post #86 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 11:07 PM

Model: GL-1500
Post imported post

Copper I'm reading your posts and you made a comment about a Baking Soda Blaster, but I haven't seen you post any pictures of it......I would like to have a tool like this to clean my carbs, a They need rebuilding and this "blaster" did a great job cleaning your carbs up......

THE NATION WHICH FORGETS ITS DEFENDERS WILL ITSELF BE FORGOTTEN

1982 GL-1100 Goldwing Interstate...Black Beauty
1994 GL-1500 Goldwing Aspencade...401K....

Honorary member Wild Rhinos

I have kissed the Cod, downed the Screech, and shouted "Long may your big jib draw!" I am now a member of the Royal Order of Newfoundland Screechers
post #87 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 11:11 PM

Location: Singapore + Lake Placid, NY, mostly..., , Singapore
Post imported post

redbaron wrote:
Quote:
Copper I'm reading your posts and you made a comment about a Baking Soda Blaster, but I haven't seen you post any pictures of it......I would like to have a tool like this to clean my carbs, a They need rebuilding and this "blaster" did a great job cleaning your carbs up......
VERY enthusiastic +1, please!!!
post #88 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 11:59 PM

Post imported post

copper204 wrote:
Quote:
Ok I will do a search and try to find it... Hal
http://www.rusteco.com

Mike Kramer

Denis Waitley
post #89 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Ok here is Hal's hookey redneck engineering at its best...

The soda blaster carb.. aka aluminum cleaner..

and
post #90 of 344 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 01:18 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

You will need the three folowing commonly available garage items.

1. High flow air blaster nozzzle.
2. 24 inches of 5/16 clear hose.. Clear so you can see when it plugs up.. It will but to clear you just put finger over outlet and lightly pull trigger.
3, Electrical tape. to tape up where u insert blaster

and

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page