Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA) - Page 4 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-12-2016, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Burns View Post
I joined up a few months ago after someone on here told me about the GWRRA. I went on a couple rides with a local chapter to see if I liked it. I did and I attended a couple meetings and it was interesting. Were going on a ride Saturday if the weather holds and that's what I was interested in, Motorcycle Riding. The towing insurance looks good and so far the people are down to earth and the meetings are OK. I like the safety stuff. I will like the 50/50 if I win it one of these days, so over all this is like every other group you join, you get what you need not what you want. I got my first Wing World a few weeks ago and it's pretty interesting. I ride a 1985 GL1200 LTD and I get a kick out of riding with the 1800's and 1500's, I can hang with the best of them. So to sum it up, it's been very positive so far. This is a good thread so far Larryinseattle .
Glad it is working out for you. I go to my chapter meeting on Saturday and there is a planning for the year session, followed by a ride. Breakfast, shooting the breeze about motorcycling, travel and then a group ride. Good to go.

I hope I see you at Wing Ding in August.

Larry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 01:23 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
Here is a Chapter in the Pacific Northwest that puts on an annual gathering that I will look into this next year. British Colombia. All looks good to me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #33 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 02:11 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
I just finished reading this month's issue of Wing World magazine. If you are interested in finding out about the GWRRA, send me a PM and I would be happy to send you this month's issue of the magazine. Old fashioned recycling.

Check it out. Good reading.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 06:31 AM

Year: 2008
Make: Goldwing
Model: Premium Audio (Level 1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffMayfield View Post
That is the reason I decided not to join.

Figured I'd just get myself kicked out.
Those subjects always come up around me.

I enjoy the stories about the gold book.
No, we don't discuss religion or politics at our Chapter meetings. But a moment of silence after the Pledge of Allegence gives me an opportunity to thank God for all I have. Also, I don't remember the last time we had a RTE and didn't Bless our food and thank God for the safe travels.
post #35 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 05:26 PM

Year: 2008
Make: Goldwing
Model: Premium Audio (Level 1)
Good Thread with Civilized Responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInSeattle View Post
I just finished reading this month's issue of Wing World magazine. If you are interested in finding out about the GWRRA, send me a PM and I would be happy to send you this month's issue of the magazine. Old fashioned recycling.

Check it out. Good reading.
Larry, It's good to see how civilized this forum can be. I see that a similiar post on the gl1800 forum was ended due to the expected bashing etc. It's a shame that things can get that way so quickly on that forum. I ride an 1800 and I do get a lot of good technical advice there. But I don't enjoy the controversy so I don't admit to reusing crush washers, going 40K on an air filter, using a Fram motorcycle oil filter, changing my oil pre-maturely at 5K,etc. But I have defended GWRRA for helping to save my skin by convincing me to ride atgatt. And yes, I have made many, many friends thru GWRRA...So Larry, thanx again for starting what turned out to be a good thread.
LarryInSeattle likes this.
post #36 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex-Ed View Post
Larry, It's good to see how civilized this forum can be. I see that a similiar post on the gl1800 forum was ended due to the expected bashing etc. It's a shame that things can get that way so quickly on that forum. I ride an 1800 and I do get a lot of good technical advice there. But I don't enjoy the controversy so I don't admit to reusing crush washers, going 40K on an air filter, using a Fram motorcycle oil filter, changing my oil pre-maturely at 5K,etc. But I have defended GWRRA for helping to save my skin by convincing me to ride atgatt. And yes, I have made many, many friends thru GWRRA...So Larry, thanx again for starting what turned out to be a good thread.
So many nay sayers there that any mention of GWRRA and the thread gets shut down "to keep things civil." I am finding that forum a "read" forum, rather than a "share" forum. For me.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

post #37 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 05:55 PM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
To be fair, we were bashing a previous GWRRA thread pretty severely so Larry started this thread with the no bashing rules.
It may be the best way to handle any "hot button" threads.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #38 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 05:57 PM

Year: 1997
Model: '97 GL1500SE/ '98 Lehman GTL Trike
Garage
We don't always all agree with all the other'uns here but we all knows we are on the bestest MC forum on the Innernet so we all keep it all cilvil with all our friends here .... so's we all can always come back a holding our heads up.

1997 GL-1500 SE / 1998 Lehman GTL Trike
...(Candy Spectra Red )
GWRRA, NRA, & VSPA Life Member

"Make Courtesy Your Code of the Road!"
post #39 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 12:40 AM

Year: 1988
Model: GL 1500
Back when I was riding my 1200 I caught up with the gwrra several times and was able to ride along on a few out of town rides with them. I did enjoy the welcome feeling that I recieved from everyone. My uncle and my aunt were involved heavily in the VA-richmond chapter and spoke highly of them. I have had my 1500 for almost 2 years now and just joined last month, I have already been contacted by the chapter pres and I wish that my work schedule would allow me to make the meetings. As it is my wife and myself have already made plans to attend both the missouri district and then the region E a few months later. I am sure that no matter what you want out of something is more about what you are willing to put into it.

73 kawasaki 125 elsinore
Honda CB500
Honda CB750
84 Honda Goldwing 1200
88 Honda Goldwing 1500
post #40 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:27 PM
Just Winging It

Year: 1986
Make: GL1200I
Model: GL1200I 1986
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex-Ed View Post
No, we don't discuss religion or politics at our Chapter meetings. But a moment of silence after the Pledge of Allegence gives me an opportunity to thank God for all I have. Also, I don't remember the last time we had a RTE and didn't Bless our food and thank God for the safe travels.

"If being a Christian was illegal.
Would there be enough evidence to convict you?"
Just a quote I heard somewhere and it has stuck with me.

On here I can choose not to reply.

In person that is not the case.

I enjoy spreading the good news.

Politics conversation are fun and I think everyone who can should vote.

I voters
is a good free place to get unbiased information about the elections.

I just refuse to abandon my right to free speech.

I don't cuss very often and I try to be kind to everyone.

I can't imagine voluntarily giving up the right to say what I think.

I am enjoying the stories that are being shared.

I can see that the gwrra can be a lot of fun.

I believe this is quite possibly the best forum of any type on the Internet.

Larry you did well setting up this thread.

I look forward to reading the stories that have not been shared yet.
AZgl1800 and LarryInSeattle like this.

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page