Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA) - Page 5 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-26-2016, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
I don't mind someone sharing their faith and testimony. The soap box thing is over the top. I am clean and sober. Been sober for 35 years. No one wants to hear that crap either!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Just Winging It

Year: 1986
Make: GL1200I
Model: GL1200I 1986
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInSeattle View Post
I don't mind someone sharing their faith and testimony. The soap box thing is over the top. I am clean and sober. Been sober for 35 years. No one wants to hear that crap either!
I didn't mean to get on a soap box I just wanted to be understood.

35 years is my age

I'm impressed!!!

I've a close friend 6 months clean.

LarryInSeattle likes this.

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #43 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-30-2016, 01:26 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
I still have that free copy of Wing World Magazine that I am willing to mail to anyone who is interested in reading a copy of the GWRRA magazine. Good reading.

PM me.
BigBro1 likes this.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #44 of 89 (permalink) Old 01-31-2016, 05:36 PM
CWN

Year: Pro 1500
Model: 43 years winging it
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInSeattle View Post
On a facebook post:

Jessica Bustamanteto Gold Wing Road Riders Group

"Hello out there I dont have A Gold Wing but my Dad did he is no longer with us he was a life member of the GWRRA badge #263. My question is there is a friend of his who had a portrait put of my Dad and Uncle on his bike and I would like a picture of it my dads name is Juan Jaramillo and Jerry Jaramillo from New Mexico if you know of them or might have it please contact me. Also it was put in the GWRRA magazine Thank you"

Anyone have an idea how to help this person out?
I have every mag from 78-2012 here if you could direct me to the poster Larry and I'll find it for him.

Here's a picture @ Wing Ding 81 with Horst Gable from Germany (leaning forward) rra director-Darren Room from Australia rra director and Terry Lewis S.Calif chapter rep (cowboy hat) wearing their gold rra vests back in the day.

The 2 with blue shirts are Dick Kraay (alas crowsnest) from Holland and John Luc from Belgium.

Fun times back in the day when Honda nor the rra had a clue how Popular the Wing would become down the road :<)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg The Gang, sometime in 1980.jpg (474.0 KB, 37 views)

Calif Wing Nut 1976-2018 Gwoa 1976-Gwrra 353 1978 Life- Cwef 82-Agwa 84-Gwta 87-Cwc 90.
post #45 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-15-2016, 10:08 PM

Year: 2017 Goldwing
Make: Goldwing
Model: 2007
Hi! I am from Australia and have ridden a Wing 27000 miles across the US and Canada. I had the golden book and it get me out of a tough scrape when my alternator died in Williams Arizona. Also went for a ride with a Canadian which was great Bob in Oz

ulster
post #46 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulster View Post
Hi! I am from Australia and have ridden a Wing 27000 miles across the US and Canada. I had the golden book and it get me out of a tough scrape when my alternator died in Williams Arizona. Also went for a ride with a Canadian which was great Bob in Oz
Thank you for sharing your positive experience with the use of the Goldbook to contact members of the GWRRA.

Also, I am glad you enjoyed your trip through the USA.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

post #47 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 02:32 PM
CWN

I've never seen this Ever. What's the story Larry ?

Calif Wing Nut 1976-2018 Gwoa 1976-Gwrra 353 1978 Life- Cwef 82-Agwa 84-Gwta 87-Cwc 90.
post #48 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWN View Post
I've never seen this Ever. What's the story Larry ?
That is just a picture I took off the GWRRA website and posted on here. I am not sure of the history of it.

By the way, I was just threatened with a suspension if I even mention the GWRRA on the 1800Riders site again. That is what they think of the largest association of Goldwing owners in the world.

I won't be posting anything there any further. They would rather turn their nose up at GWRRA members than let them share their positive experiences. I said nothing derogatory towards anyone about anything.

Shameful jealously they seem to have over there.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

post #49 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-21-2016, 06:42 PM
CWN

Send me the link Larry.

post #50 of 89 (permalink) Old 03-22-2016, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWN View Post
Send me the link Larry.
You should have the link in a PM.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page