Gold Wing Road Riders Association (GWRRA) - Page 7 - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

60Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 12:35 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Year: 2002
Make: Honda
Model: 1800A
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFromArnold View Post
Wow, what a fun Saturday you had.

Mine was rather boring.....Just a 350 mile ride with my two son's who also ride Goldwings.
You asked a question about the GWRRA. I answered it.

Every day is a Saturday for me. I can get 350 miles in any day I choose to. Let me give you a hint. I can enjoy my time any way I choose to and that doesn't limit your ability to have fun any way you choose to.

Perhaps you might check your judgement at the door.

What you think of me is none of my business.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For
Friends, Fun, Safety & Knowledge check out the GWRRA

2002 1800 Goldwing
2005 Honda Silverwing 600cc Maxiscooter
2007 900cc Kawasaki Classic LT

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 01:56 AM
Just Winging It

Year: 1986
Make: GL1200I
Model: GL1200I 1986
Garage
I don't see the rudeness Larry.

I think Fred just has a phone or tablet that he talks to for typing.

I thought this thread was about the GWRRA and as such the way you laid it out you are representing GWRRA.

So tell me Larry.

Is being quick tempered one of the qualities sought after in GWRRA members?

Fred has 41 posts and your trying to chase him off just cause he was trying to be nice.

Fred may even be considering joining GWRRA with his sons.

Just saying it can be difficult to communicate using the typed word when you don't normally wright/type.

Even still I know I fail to communicate in an easy to understand way that expresses my thoughts in a way that is not misunderstood by some who read my posts.
gulfrider likes this.

The LORD is my light and my salvation--so why should I be afraid? The LORD is my fortress, protecting me from danger, so why should I tremble?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 04:20 AM
Keeper of the Bookmarks / Moderator

Model: GL1800 Hot Rod Yellow
Garage
using a cellphone when writing a reply, is a bit of a nuisance for me.
I have to post it, then read it to see what the errors are, and then try to edit the post.... and on some forums, that edit feature is not allowed.

~ John

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-01-2016, 11:40 AM

Model: 1987 GL1200 Interstate 290,000 miles
I didn't read Fred's post as negative.

Why ain't we ridin'?
post #65 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-02-2016, 11:52 AM

Year: 2014
Model: Gl1800 Level 1 Blue
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bike...and Dennis View Post
I didn't read Fred's post as negative.

x2. I actually thought he was saying you had more fun.
post #66 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 01:31 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
I read it as sarcasm. His previous post set it up. "is the fellowship still alive?"

"Wow, what a fun Saturday you had. Mine was rather boring.....Just a 350 mile ride with my two son's who also ride Goldwings."

Obvious use of sarcasm.

If riding with two sons for 350 miles is boring, I will kiss anyone anywhere.

I stand by my words. It was pot shot are the GWRRA. He can chime in and say that I misunderstood his words. I doubt he will.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

The Forum removes the time and distance between like minded individuals. It is quite the communication tool. I give great thanks to the owners of the board.

“Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.” Ralph Waldo Emerson.
post #67 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-03-2016, 06:20 AM

Year: 2008
Model: GL 1800
Not much to do with the subject but a few days ago I ran in to Jerry. Jerry rides a 2008 white Goldwing. I first saw his motorcycle parked at the electrical supplies years before I knew what a Goldwing was. He works in there as an outside salesman. I have met Jerry a few years later at a GWRRA meeting and talk to him about bikes and generators.( im an electrical contractor) Subsequently I have met him a few more times.
Two days ago I went to get some stuff and there it was, the white Goldwing. I asked the counter guy to get Jerry for me. He remembered me but couldnt say from where. we had about half an hour of chat. He is no longer part of chapter F as there is little interest on the part of other members. He also prefers to ride alone . One of the rides with the group to NC pissed him off as people started with half of a tank of gas and half full bladder. They had to go out of the way in the boonies for gas and that got them lost.

I told him about my trip to Wyoming and the west coast and he informed me that he attempted a trip like that last October. Unfortunately just before Yellowstone a deer took him out. October 8AM, for the record. He had maintained his balance but the bike needed a new radiator and they couldnt find a bracket in the whole country. ( by mistake the radiator came with two right side brackets) He flew home and returned in December when his bike was done. Then he did like 2000 miles in three days to return to NJ.
And thats my story.
LarryInSeattle likes this.

I make sense all the time. The problem is you only listen intermittently

Follow me on the spot

Last edited by Peter Goldwing; 09-03-2016 at 06:59 AM.
post #68 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:47 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
In May of this year, I was joining with the guys doing the Run For The Wall. I had planned on riding down with some of the pacific northwest riders and I was to meet them in at Sea-Tac on FRIDAY THE 13TH. I got up at 5:00 am and finished loading out my bike. The night before I had verified that my brand new tires were at the correct air pressure and ready to go. When I dropped off the center stand, the rear tire felt bad. I was right..... it was very low. I immediately aired the tire up and grabbed a spray bottle looking for a leak. Found none. Couldn't leave with a suspected tire.

So I missed my ride with those guys. They were already on their way. I went back to bed and when I got up, I called Everett Power Sports, our local Goldwing Dealer and they wanted to help out. I checked my tire, it was still holding air, so I chanced it and rode up there about 5 miles away. They put the bike on the lift and they couldn't find anything either. They took the tire off the bike and dunk tanked it and could get the valve stem to leak and replaced the brand new valve stem with another brand new valve stem. I got out of there at 12:30.

So, I decided to leave on Saturday morning rather than Friday. I decided to alter my route and rather than ride to Los Angeles, I was going to ride down to Phoenix as I have friends there and I would join the ride there as that is the first day stop for the Run for the Wall ride.

Well, I camped and rode down to Phoenix. 1500 miles, doing 550 each day and settting and breaking camp along the way. I get to Phoenix and all is well. Having a good time visiting with my friends and one day he and I take a 300 mile ride together. The day before I was to meet the riders coming from Los Angeles, I got word from home that my girl friend's health was in great jeopardy. It was not looking good. After thinking though about riding in a group, distracted, riding further from home rather than towards home..... I started to be concerned about the other riders safety around me as well as my own. Also, my mind was on her and no longer on my ride objective. I decided that I would should return home. Further, that since I was 1550 miles and three full days of riding from home that I could also be at risk of being a distracted rider while riding solo. So, I made the decision to fly home. When I told my friend about my plans to return home, he offered to store my motorcycle and trailer in his garage. HOWEVER, the next thing that happened blew me away. His wife, had recently changed jobs. She was now working for American Airlines and she could arrange a discounted ticket for me to go home. Folks, that set me back $50 to fly home the very next morning. ($50 to fly back much later in the story as well.)

I had to stop and count my blessings. Here I had storage of my motorcycle in a safe place and a plane ticket I could afford. And a two friends that understood me and my concerns and just wanted to help any way they could. Priceless.

I flew home and things improved for her. I was able to re focus on things. So, in July, I flew back down to Phoenix and visited for a few days and then set out on a solo adventure to see Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana and then back into Washington State, my home in Seattle.

The total mileage for this trip was 5750 miles, counting the ride down to Phoenix. I camped in the National Parks or in "free camp" areas. I cooked my own food. I didn't buy a cup of coffee or any breakfast or supper meals. I did buy a 6 inch sub sandwich each day for lunch. I brewed all of my own coffee and cooked my meals in the evening.

My total camping costs for 13 days was $117. My restaurant costs was less than $75. My gas costs was $425.

So, I didn't get to stand at the Wall with my other Veteran friends. God had something else in mind. I do regret not being able to be on the road for 28 days and seeing Washington DC and riding in Rolling Thunder. I will this next year. You can bet on it.

gulfrider likes this.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

post #69 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:51 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInSeattle View Post
I read it as sarcasm. His previous post set it up. "is the fellowship still alive?"

"Wow, what a fun Saturday you had. Mine was rather boring.....Just a 350 mile ride with my two son's who also ride Goldwings."

Obvious use of sarcasm.

If riding with two sons for 350 miles is boring, I will kiss anyone anywhere.

I stand by my words. It was pot shot are the GWRRA. He can chime in and say that I misunderstood his words. I doubt he will.
If I miss understood the gentleman, then I would walk back my words.

I have to allow others to make mistakes, as I make them too. I might even like the guy.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

post #70 of 89 (permalink) Old 09-05-2016, 01:57 AM Thread Starter
Friend of Bill W.

Garage
One final comment about my trip: It is why I ride solo so often. When things happen or circumstances appear different than planned, it is much easier to Adapt, Change Plans, and continue on with an objective when riding solo. Bathroom breaks are as long as they need to be.

In the bottom of a canyon flying through Utah.... I felt the need for a fresh cup of coffee. I pulled off the road on small pull over, got my zip boil out, boiled some water and used my pour over coffee system. Repacked the kit and I had hot coffee in my coffee cup on my cup holder in 10 minutes as I was flying down the road.

No "Breaker breaker, I need a quick stop here..... we need to have some coffee." It was at that moment. I do enjoy companionship, but something about being out on the road riding solo is special.

For

2002 1800 Goldwing

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > Reference and FAQ Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page