Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

I would buy a new wing if

6K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  JWayne 
#1 ·
imported post

I like old junk but if

Goldwing would toss the cam and timing belts, springs, rocker adjustment and such

Put in a programmable servo or some solenoids that pop the valves open and closed as I see fit via my program

Cam duration-valve liftsettings at a touch of a button, economy, low end thump and all out, blow the buggers out on the fly

I would buy it,in Gray naturally ;)

:?

#3 ·
imported post

I had the money to do it :laughing::laughing:

#4 ·
imported post

I'm sure we all know about softwareBURPS.

I've had BIOS & CMOS change itself and that's not supposed to happen.

Run-away Toyota's come to mind.

Running under high voltage power-lines in foggy weather my GL1500 acts a bit differently, as doesmy one hair on my head.

If that happened I wouldn't want a valve touching a piston. (OUCH! the cost)

THAT would be fine system if there clearance.

Personally,
I'll stick to "definitive maniacal(mechanical)connections".:cooler:

Hummm, after thinking about that. (just for say)

What "IF" the valves were placed outside the combustion chamber and the mixture were 'drawn in' or 'pressured in'and works likea 2-stroke.
Or maybe themixture were injected.Maybe from multiple injectors for variable fuel blends and/or on the fly fuel blends forpower and/or fuel economy.

I can see a multitude ofadjustments in the system, a PLUS + cost.
But then it bea mechanics migraine nightmare. a MINUS + cost.

just my $0.0004

#5 ·
imported post

Bring back the hydraulic lifters. New colors would be nice; white, yellow and black are good. The pearl blue on the 05 was nice, as was the bright silver and I did like the light blue limited edition for 09.

#9 ·
imported post

Lets see…what would I like….

(a) Slightly lower bike…I am inseam challenged. Would like to be able to plant both feet flat on the ground. About 1 to 1 ½ inch drop would make a world difference for me…

(b) Hydraulic valve lifters would be great…!

(c) A gear indicator so I know what gear I am in would be a nice thing too!

(d) Softer suspension would be a real PLUS! The one I was riding felt like it had no shocks at all….rock hard felt every bump and crack in the road.

(e) More colours…sorry that’s the Canadian spelling and not colors…you spell it as.

(f) Factory anti theft alarm and engine disabler would be a real great PLUS as I see it.

I am sure I could find a few more things….but these are good for openers…and dropping the price would be a real big plus too…! Sorry but $36,000 with the taxes is a little hard to deal with…then the ICBC insurance so I can get on the road…add $2,400 per year for that…. And now your rolling out the door to the tune of about $38,400 and some change…what do you think I am….some millionaire or something…? Hey buddy can you spare some loose change so I can put some gas in my bike. I have a little over half of the over all cost saved up so far….its that last $10,000 some odd that is proving to be a real bitch to get my hands on…….LOL For the cost on one new goldwing here, I can buy 2 new cars on that…!

#12 ·
imported post

1. Defrost/ deice system for the windshield .
2. Vent system to direct engine heat toward driver and passenger or to totally block all hot air.
3. Center stand could have hydraulic assisted or 2 stage lift.
4. Colors not silver or shades of gray but actual colors "2011 Camaro Green" , Illusion colors that change .
5. 6 speed overdrive
6. The storage room of the 1500 .

#13 ·
imported post

rlyons wrote:
If they would design it so my feet were not back under my butt.
Exactly....

#14 ·
imported post

GeorgeD wrote:
1. Defrost/ deice system for the windshield .
2. Vent system to direct engine heat toward driver and passenger or to totally block all hot air.
3. Center stand could have hydraulic assisted or 2 stage lift.
4. Colors not silver or shades of gray but actual colors "2011 Camaro Green" , Illusion colors that change .
5. 6 speed overdrive
6. The storage room of the 1500 .
I'd go with this, and add standard CB, bluetooth, and maybe a nice cup holder. :)

#19 ·
imported post

riffraff wrote:
Itsounds like some are really looking for a car,not a bike.
:thumbsup::bow:

#20 ·
imported post

I would buy a new wing IF....

They were Cheaper!

OR

I had a lot of money

AND

They took the style back to 05 - 06 era.

and it had a cup holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.