Hello fellow riders - Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

I just got a 1200 Interstate it came with one helmit and mike, Do they still make these new for the 1984s ? I just need a chord and head set have the helmit. My other question is do any of you drive on dirt roads? I have been rideing dirt bikes all my life but never had my butt eating the seat like that 1st 2 mile ride down my dirt road comeing back wasnt as bad It had just been graded so alot of loose 1 inch stone

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - - body thoroughly used up, screaming WOOHOO!! what a ride!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:15 AM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

I only ride on loose stuff if I have to. I had to ride over 10 miles of loose gravel in the middle of somewhere Nevada where they were working on the road. Very tense for a couple of miles but before it was over it was trucking along around 35 (didn't want too many rock chips in the paint) and feeling pretty relaxed. Dirt or gravel isn't too bad if it's not loose and deep but watch the curves and keep it smooth. Be careful on loose surfaces, the 'Wing is a heavy machine and only really at home on pavement.

As for your helmet headsets, there are several brands that will work just fine for your bike, all 'Wings use the same plugs and sockets. Edsets, Chatterbox and J&M are three brands and there are more. Just Google those brands and you can find prices and models. They all make models for open face and closed face helmets. Pretty easy to install in most any helmet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:19 AM

Model: Aspencade
Garage
Post imported post

Why in the world would you possibly want to run your machine on dirt? Keep it on the blacktop, and you'll forget your first life in a hurry.

Welcome to the forum!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mike
Finally, old enough to know better. Just need some common sense now......
Patriot Guard Rider

1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1993 GL1500 Aspencade
1986 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 GL1200 Aspencade
1985 Suzuki Madura 700
1973 Honda 350CB
1965 Honda 50

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 12:42 AM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks Exavid I was hopeing they were easly found........................ mikef I live on a 2 mile dirt road see how it goes would be a pain to put it on my trailer every time i want to ride it

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - - body thoroughly used up, screaming WOOHOO!! what a ride!!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 02:16 AM
Old Broad

Year: 1995
Make: Yamaha Virago
Model: 1985 GL1200 I w/LTD body(SOLD :( )
Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to fysty-1
Post imported post

A Grrrrreat big welcome to the bestest forum on the web. By the By; You need to update your profile and include where you are from. Ride safe and enjoy the Wing. I recently got my 85 and I love it.

Angela, aka fysty-1(R) & Dani(L), S.Surrey, B.C.
1985 Gold Wing GL1200 I(SOLD Apr/2012)
No matter how blue it may get, there is always a rainbow in the sky.
Blue is not the fastest color, but it is the prettiest.

(women only)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:11 AM

Post imported post

Welcome to the forum!

Don't bother putting it on a trailer, just buy a different house. For the sake of the 'Wing...

[COLOR=GREEN]Endwell_Tim
81 GL1100I ---->>>> GONE!!!
90 GL1500 SE
"Opportunity is most often missed because it shows up in overalls, lookin\' like work..."
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 08:47 AM

Post imported post

Hi TarHeelBiker and welcome to the forum. If you live on a dirt road then that is where you live. Dirt or gravel roads are not that bad if you adjust your riding for it. Watcha gonna do when it gets wet and muddy though? Our road was gravel for the first 10 years we lived here. Never had problems. Well first turning off the highway was a pain if someone was behind you and had to turn pretty quick. Bike will squirm a lot but momentum will keep it up..

Bob..KF4GP
If it ain\'t broke, fix it till it is!

Life is ten percent what you make it, and ninety percent how you take it!

79 GL1000 46K
86 R80RT
90 K75RT
Garage won\'t hold any more!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Postpubescent member

Model: None at present
Post imported post

Just remember the weight of a 'Wing and don't try to ride with your feet down like some do in the loose stuff. Likewise don't try to catch this bike if it starts down, you can't and she's just likely to break it off and hand it back to you. Eight hundred pounds is pretty well unstoppable when it decides to head for the ground, the best thing is to get your body parts out of the way.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
None at present
Past 'Wings: GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, GL1800

Current BMW C650GT
Paul W.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2007, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

Post imported post

Thanks to all for the welcome updated profile

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2007, 07:56 AM

Post imported post

Welcome...Dirt's nothing, try SNOW!!

1987 BLACK Aspencade 1200 with buku CHROME!

Saoirse! The rolling jukebox!

Knights Templar
Patriot Guard
Christian Motorcycle Association
VVAW
VFW
USS Henry W Tucker
CSG 11 PCF 35
USS Koiner
USS Greenwood

Closed Thread

Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums > Forums > New Members Introduction Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page